Coventry Bears dip their toe into live streaming

I know the club has been thinking about it for a while but Coventry Bears have decided to do a live stream of their preseason game against Leeds Rhinos this Friday. There will be charge of £5 as it'll be done through a streaming company (who normally cover Coventry Blaze games).

Details here:

http://www.coventrybears.com/blog/coventry-bears-v-leeds-rhinos-live-webcast

I think this is a fantastic move by the Bears and one which I hope is a success. I know that through social media channels this is something that fans regularly ask for. 

3 hours ago, NWDuk said:

Hope it works out well.

Following their new signings, Barrow Raiders' facebook page is awash with PNG fans asking for games to be livestreamed. Plenty of disapointment that it can't be done due to Sky's rights.

Yep its ridiculous that championship clubs are unable to stream games yet sky do not show any games. 

A really succesful night for the Bears. It was great to catch up with some old friends.

It was a horrible night with swirling snow and a bit ( major) of a culture shock for our new Aussies

Attendance 866 and a healthy audience on the streaming sevice too.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

8 hours ago, Bearman said:

A really succesful night for the Bears. It was great to catch up with some old friends.

It was a horrible night with swirling snow and a bit ( major) of a culture shock for our new Aussies

Attendance 866 and a healthy audience on the streaming sevice too.

Decent attendance on a horrible night. 

Archived