A Case of Why Do We Bother ?

I was watching a match and left the Watch NRL channel on and although I know full well what Aussie humour is like, and Aussie racism come to that I just thought why do we bother expanding the game, and having development at all when the leaders in the field are happy with this under the title Balkan Super League

image.png.8fcf42ada54132db39cc44f94803a89a.png

If you were excited by RL and had a team in this would you want to be involved with a sport that projects an image like the one above about you. For god's sake it looks like an advert for Brexit Leave campaign.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I was watching a match and left the Watch NRL channel on and although I know full well what Aussie humour is like, and Aussie racism come to that I just thought why do we bother expanding the game, having and development at all when the leaders in the field are happy with this under the title Balkan Super League

image.png.8fcf42ada54132db39cc44f94803a89a.png

If you were excited by RL and had a team in this would you want to be involved with a sport that projects an image like the one above about you. For god's sake it looks like an advert for Brexit Leave campaign.

There’s a thread about this on LU. AFL wouldn’t ridicule Aussie Rules being played outside of Australia. These parasites wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for RL. 

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

And Oxo, can we get away from politicising posts. Kman does the same.

Using an example to illustrate the point  is not politicising and expressing the level of disapproval. Brexit is a negative image which fitted this thread perfectly.

And the moment we're okay with stereotyping like this it's politicised anyway.

36 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Using an example to illustrate the point  is not politicising and expressing the level of disapproval. Brexit is a negative image which fitted this thread perfectly.

Bye bye.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Bye bye.

See ya!

1 hour ago, westside said:

Who said it was racist? It’s just 1980s “humor” and a bad idea when Serbia is one of RL’s growth markets and one of few places where it is the dominant rugby code.

No I never said it was racist just stereotypical and off putting and used something else as emphasis. And you're right it was also straight from the Mind Your Language song book.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

There’s a thread about this on LU. AFL wouldn’t ridicule Aussie Rules being played outside of Australia. These parasites wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for RL. 

Summed it up perfectly.  Paid "pundits" ridiculing the unpaid people, working tirelessly, to build the very podium these idiots are standing on.

Reminds me of listening to 2GB's Origin coverage, back when that was the only stream I could get to work. They read out emails from people who were listening in far-flung parts of the globe, then did "hilarious" comedy accents to match each country in a way that would be far better suited to the Wheeltappers & Shunters Social Club, circa 1975.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

Brexit is only a negative image in the eye of some beholders. In many it is a positive. 

Back to the point in question and sadly it doesn’t surprise me as it sums up the Australian view of rugby outside Australia. They are narrow minded 

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Brexit is only a negative image

not brexit the images used for it that was the point phew!

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Back to the point in question and sadly it doesn’t surprise me as it sums up the Australian view of rugby outside Australia. They are narrow minded 

And hardly leadership quality, no wonder they have so many scandals !

5 hours ago, langpark said:

Paid "pundits" ridiculing the unpaid people, working tirelessly, to build the very podium these idiots are standing on.

and simply not good enough and we don't say anything we're more or less saying it's okay.

Archived