One not to miss - RLWC qualifier Greece v Norway & Skolars v Doncaster

IM2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyable game that, some very nicely worked tries. I don't think either team would be out of their depth against Scotland & Russia in the qualifiers.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Enjoyable game that, some very nicely worked tries. I don't think either team would be out of their depth against Scotland & Russia in the qualifiers.

Greece looked quite impressive at times there. A number of outstanding players in that team and I think they could give Russia a good game (although I don't really know how good Russia are these days) and not be embarrassed by Scotland either, who have been pretty rubbish last couple of times I've seen them. 2 teams qualify from a group of 3. Assuming Scotland beat Russia, Greece only have to beat Russia to qualify for the world cup! Exciting times for our international game!

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Couldn't go, due to broncos being on the same time.

Top scheduling. 

Sometimes we really shoot ourselves in the foot; no joined up thinking at all.  Anyway, I really enjoyed my afternoon at White Hart Lane: two good games a pork gyros and a couple of pints of New River Brewery's finest.

There were a lot more Norwegians in the crowd than I expected as well - including the ambassador according to the man sitting next to me.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Given the numbers at London, might have added 3 to the gate. Still, I was looking forward to the date and was mildly p'ssed at the clash. Same with the Catalans game being on the same time. 

1 hour ago, latchford albion said:

Sometimes we really shoot ourselves in the foot; no joined up thinking at all.  Anyway, I really enjoyed my afternoon at White Hart Lane: two good games a pork gyros and a couple of pints of New River Brewery's finest.

There were a lot more Norwegians in the crowd than I expected as well - including the ambassador according to the man sitting next to me.

Was he handing out Ferrero Rocher?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

11 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I'm not sure if they are live streaming this season but they were last season on Proper Sport. If you did a live stream of the Skolars what's the worst Sky can do? Ask you to stop?

All I can say is that Skolars decided not to live stream. IIRC SKY said nothing to UGAG but may be they never knew about it.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

1 hour ago, BJW said:

All I can say is that Skolars decided not to live stream. IIRC SKY said nothing to UGAG but may be they never knew about it.

no live streaming allowed. skolars didn't decide not to stream not sure where you got that from. 

4 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

How did Bradford manage it last season?

i believe that was the issue. surely the better question is how come they or no one else has managed it this season. we would love to do it. the cameras were there yesterday.

11 hours ago, IM2 said:

no live streaming allowed. skolars didn't decide not to stream not sure where you got that from. 

Skolars decided after being told it wasn't allowed. Easy decision ?. Idea was floated after seeing how UGAG under Lionel were live streaming but after enquiries were told from RFL it was a no. Don't know how UGAG got away with it.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Archived