Anybody have ideas what happens next.

Julianccaine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2019 at 12:25, Julianccaine said:

Anybody have ideas what happens next?.

Board have guaranteed money for next season. It’s 2021 where the questions lie

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

According to League Express Swinton Lions are up For Sale.

And according to them no offer has been made as of yet.

Now people here know my thoughts on the situation and I will not repeat myself.

But for me I hope that a suitable offer is made to buy the club lock stock and barrel by a suitable person or persons consortium wise and is concluded quickly to end this crisis  so everyone can move on.

And whatever happens,happens 

On 23/09/2019 at 00:35, Robthegasman said:

According to League Express Swinton Lions are up For Sale.

And according to them no offer has been made as of yet.

Lets not start getting wound up. If you put your house up for sale, would you run around in a panic because no-one has bought it after two days, relaxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Panic this time next year if no bids have come in.

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Lets not start getting wound up. If you put your house up for sale, would you run around in a panic because no-one has bought it after two days, relaxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Panic this time next year if no bids have come in.

I just want the club to be sold soon so we can move on wherever that journey takes us.

I would not be surprised if someone like Corpacq(I think that is their name)who own Sale FC stadium decided to buy Swinton Lions RLFC.It will all come out in the wash 

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

I just want the club to be sold soon so we can move on wherever that journey takes us.

I would not be surprised if someone like Corpacq(I think that is their name)who own Sale FC stadium decided to buy Swinton Lions RLFC.It will all come out in the wash 

they can not sell the club ,only their shares because they do not have the majority shares , the headline in the paper  is misleading 

If correct I'm not sure where a buyer would come from. Who would buy a none controlling share of a loss making business (as all RL clubs are)? 

Only a crazed super fan would touch it. And the club's image has been tarnished by all the recent shenanegins . 

18 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

i'm lead to believe the club president as 40% ,the rest between the trust and small shareholders 

A quick check at companies house shows former Chairman A Mazey having the largest shareholding in the company (73950 allotted shares) followed by a John Jones (57760 allotted shares). 

10 hours ago, gandalf said:

If correct I'm not sure where a buyer would come from. Who would buy a none controlling share of a loss making business (as all RL clubs are)? 

Only a crazed super fan would touch it. And the club's image has been tarnished by all the recent shenanegins . 

Agreed, the clubs biggest/ only asset was the Chairman and his directors he had brought to the club......yes the very same guys the lunies forced away. Its worthless and going nowhere now so not sure who would want to buy it.

The licence to play in the championship is now the only asset I can think of.

If a controlling share could be purchased then a buyer may be interested in a relocation of the club.

I'm not playing devil's advocate here but it may be the objection to the name change may actually lead to something far worse. 

I might be wrong but going back a few years didn't the RFL try to persuade Swinton to move to Birmingham as an expansion team?

I'll be honest I wanted the name change and saw it as a way to break out of the downward spiral. I still think a 'Manchester' club is a must as I've said in other forums. I just wanted it to be the Lions.

Yep I know I'm in the minority ..

12 hours ago, gandalf said:

If a controlling share could be purchased then a buyer may be interested in a relocation of the club.

I'm not playing devil's advocate here but it may be the objection to the name change may actually lead to something far worse. 

I might be wrong but going back a few years didn't the RFL try to persuade Swinton to move to Birmingham as an expansion team?

I'll be honest I wanted the name change and saw it as a way to break out of the downward spiral. I still think a 'Manchester' club is a must as I've said in other forums. I just wanted it to be the Lions.

Not sure your in a minority, most level headed people know the score but sadly the noisy minority got their way.

The club will likely go backwards at pace now without visionary and capable leadership but fingers crossed survive in 2020 if only on the left overs of Andy and the ex board’s achievements this year and as a direct result of much increased central funding for the magnificent 9th placed finish they achieved. 

I’m not sure we have any kind of future beyond next year though especially once central funding is cut/ gone full stop from 2022.

We blew our big chance sadly but we can still be called Swinton at least as we enter the grave.

22 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Not sure your in a minority, most level headed people know the score but sadly the noisy minority got their way.

The club will likely go backwards at pace now without visionary and capable leadership but fingers crossed survive in 2020 if only on the left overs of Andy and the ex board’s achievements this year and as a direct result of much increased central funding for the magnificent 9th placed finish they achieved. 

I’m not sure we have any kind of future beyond next year though especially once central funding is cut/ gone full stop from 2022.

We blew our big chance sadly but we can still be called Swinton at least as we enter the grave.

Your not the only ones who'll go pop in 2022, there's going to be some carnage coming our way. Pretty much all league 1 and probably about a third of the championship will go. That's my take anyway. I hope it doesn't come to that.

15 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Your not the only ones who'll go pop in 2022, there's going to be some carnage coming our way. Pretty much all league 1 and probably about a third of the championship will go. That's my take anyway. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Sadly my friend you are going to be proven correct.I too hope it doesn’t happen but reality sadly I fear will take over.

And this is why I fully understood why the rebrand had to happen here at Swinton to potentially give the club a chance of a bigger audience etc etc to ensure survival.

On 27/09/2019 at 19:52, gandalf said:

You are right Gandalf,we may end up getting something far worse and it may well be that those who protested against the rebrand will have to face something far worse such as a total name change with a relocation.

I think a huge mistake was made by opposing the rebrand.And we will I think regret 13th September 2019.

On 27/09/2019 at 19:52, gandalf said:

Yes I think the licence to play in the Championship is the only asset the club has.

10 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Yes I think the licence to play in the Championship is the only asset the club has.

The licence is only worth something until the funding goes then start up Club’s in big City’s I’d imagine will be the way forward as there will be none or very little central funding to go around. The elite 8/10/12 clubs outside SL will likely close ranks and create a second tier comp that is attractive and small time, small minded, small town clubs holding the sport back will be gone forever as fans rattling buckets to keep the lights on and supporter ran clubs and fan ran committees belong at amateur level.

2 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

The licence is only worth something until the funding goes then start up Club’s in big City’s I’d imagine will be the way forward as there will be none or very little central funding to go around. The elite 8/10/12 clubs outside SL will likely close ranks and create a second tier comp that is attractive and small time, small minded, small town clubs holding the sport back will be gone forever as fans rattling buckets to keep the lights on and supporter ran clubs and fan ran committees belong at amateur level.

I agree.

And I fear that come 2022 if Swinton Lions do survive then we will be an amateur club relying on people to rattle buckets to keep the lights on and we will no longer be a professional/semi professional outfit which will be a very sad day for the club.

6 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Sadly my friend you are going to be proven correct.I too hope it doesn’t happen but reality sadly I fear will take over.

And this is why I fully understood why the rebrand had to happen here at Swinton to potentially give the club a chance of a bigger audience etc etc to ensure survival.

When it all does go pop your welcome at Saddleworth Ranger's for your rugby fix if you wish. Everyone's welcome at Saddie. £3 in and you get a programme as well. Decent pint as well. ?

8 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

there was no  guarantees a change of name would of made any diffrence , we have been Swinton for 153 years , if we die ,we die has Swinton , we are in the same boat as all the other teams out-side super league , time will tell 

2 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

there was no  guarantees a change of name would of made any diffrence , we have been Swinton for 153 years , if we die ,we die has Swinton , we are in the same boat as all the other teams out-side super league , time will tell 

And die as Swinton we will do....well done ?

Take your head out of the sand, you have clearly given no thought to the future generations and what will give the club a chance of a long term future and are clinging onto something that has ultimately blocked the club from having its best chance to not only survive but to be something meaningful once again in the sport.

You are deluded!!! We are not in the same boat as all the other teams outside Super League wake up and smell coffee. We have been outside the town we carry the name of and slowly dying for decades with no way back and no real interest outside of a few hundred die hards that can’t sustain a team at the level we currently are.

The Batley, Dewsbury, Barrows and even the Rochdale, Oldham and Keighley’s are on their ***** agreed, but have a far better chance than us staying as Swinton as at least they have ground In their own town’s and a decent standard of amateur clubs to work with and recruit from.

We had to accept change and look to a new direction which granted didn’t guarantee success but sure as hell guaranteed we would have kept the quality board and investment we had and the progress we’ve enjoyed these last two years going which would have given us a far better chance than we have now as a charity case.

Staggering that some would gladly see the club go to rack and ruin and go down the pan just to retain a name we haven’t actually been since 1992 if truth be told.

I didn’t want to lose the name but was satisfied it was being retained in the badge and brand. Andy and the board put us on the verge of something very special but have been forced away by morons who jerk off to memories of the 60’s.

I won’t be rushing for a season ticket or to put cash in the buckets this time as it’s self harm and we will get what we deserve if Karma has anything to do with it.

Archived