Balkan Super League Grand Final

On 05/10/2019 at 11:29, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Having seen footage of a Red Star-Partizan derby in football, if it’s even anything remotely like that, the atmosphere will be electric. 

I can assure you it won’t be like that

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s a shame. 

They (Red Star) are doing amazing things but they are growing slowly and organically; the rest of the teams all need great people with vision like the red star board

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

50 people? I heard an interview with their CO recently and they get 300-500 to league games. 

Well I hope that’s true , when I was going last year I would say most games had 10 to 15 people

I am sorry but this really rather seems a bit surreal, undeed unreal.

Are we to believe that 14 teams play each other in counties as diverse and as distant from each other and across mountain ranges and open sea, such as Italy and Turkey, Greece and Bosnia... but we here have real part time teams from across half a dozen "counties" who cannot fulfil their fixtures? 

Its amazing what can be achieved when real enthusiasts are determined to play and spread the game.

Not a single pound given by Sport England (or Wales) to support them.

They've just decided to do it and don't see the problems as insurmountable or something that someone else should solve for them. 

It does seem surreal but its happening. So what I want to know is, if they can do it, why can't we?

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Its amazing what can be achieved when real enthusiasts are determined to play and spread the game.

Not a single pound given by Sport England (or Wales) to support them.

They've just decided to do it and don't see the problems as insurmountable or something that someone else should solve for them. 

It does seem surreal but its happening. So what I want to know is, if they can do it, why can't we?

Who is we ? If we is the Uk then the UK dwarfs Serbian Rl thousands of times over. The reality is Serbian RL is low level amateur pretty much across the board . There are a small group of astonishingly committed investors behind Red Star and that is it

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I am sorry but this really rather seems a bit surreal, undeed unreal.

Are we to believe that 14 teams play each other in counties as diverse and as distant from each other and across mountain ranges and open sea, such as Italy and Turkey, Greece and Bosnia... but we here have real part time teams from across half a dozen "counties" who cannot fulfil their fixtures? 

Yes they do. Listen to the Chasing Kangaroos podcast, it’s superb, a real eye opener. 

18 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Who is we ? If we is the Uk then the UK dwarfs Serbian Rl thousands of times over. The reality is Serbian RL is low level amateur pretty much across the board . There are a small group of astonishingly committed investors behind Red Star and that is it

But if you mean the overall comp it is quite amazing what is achieved on a shoestring budget and some old coaches that drive these men and women around the Balkans and Mediterranean 

Archived