G’iz a job

Solomone Kata has switched codes and signed a three year Super Rugby contract with the Brumbies.

The 24-year-old Tonga and New Zealand league international was born in Tonga and moved to Auckland in 2011 on a rugby scholarship.

The powerful centre has played 93 NRL games for the Warriors, scoring 46 tries from 2015-19.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Solomone Kata has switched codes and signed a three year Super Rugby contract with the Brumbies.

The 24-year-old Tonga and New Zealand league international was born in Tonga and moved to Auckland in 2011 on a rugby scholarship.

The powerful centre has played 93 NRL games for the Warriors, scoring 46 tries from 2015-19.

He never really kicked on after initially impressing. Somewhat limited, reminded me of Fonua. 

He’s probably got the game for Union - bash over skill or subtlety. I wonder how much he’s on, particularly given the other code’s financial issues

Can’t see Brisbane letting Oates go , he should get a new deal sorted there no bother . God knows about Joel Thompson after recent events , and I’d think Parra would do fine without Jennings who looks past his best and was on a mega  deal 

I think the Tigers will keep Lawrence. They were a bit tight on the cap but with Matterson and Marsters going that should be enough. Apparently he offered to take $130K just to finish off his career at the same club.

I'd take Kurt Capewell. He played everywhere from wing to back row this year. Takairangi could be a good reserve-grade captain if you've got a lot of young blokes coming through. I don't recall him ever being in any drunken scandals and it's probably helpful to have some senior Polynesians around the squad, given the number of young players from that demographic.

10 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think the Tigers will keep Lawrence. They were a bit tight on the cap but with Matterson and Marsters going that should be enough. Apparently he offered to take $130K just to finish off his career at the same club.

I'd take Kurt Capewell. He played everywhere from wing to back row this year. Takairangi could be a good reserve-grade captain if you've got a lot of young blokes coming through. I don't recall him ever being in any drunken scandals and it's probably helpful to have some senior Polynesians around the squad, given the number of young players from that demographic.

Both Capewell and Takairangi have good utility value for a club . I like Takairangi I can’t see him being short of options 

10 hours ago, Graham said:

Inconsistent player who never found his feet

On 17/10/2019 at 23:40, Farmduck said:

Surely a #9 would be useful to your boys. Isaac Luke?

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Surely a #9 would be useful to your boys. Isaac Luke?

Maybe but Liddle should be back by about Round 9 so I think the plan is to use Josh Reynolds at 9 with Elijah Taylor as a "14." There is also the possibility of putting Benji there as we have former OZ Schoolboys half, Tommy Talau ready for first-grade.

Personally I would take Luke on cheap money and a 1-year deal but I don't think he'll sign that. After all, Maguire has already worked with him so if he hasn't shown any interest then I assume we won't be offering anything.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Maybe but Liddle should be back by about Round 9 so I think the plan is to use Josh Reynolds at 9 with Elijah Taylor as a "14." There is also the possibility of putting Benji there as we have former OZ Schoolboys half, Tommy Talau ready for first-grade.

Personally I would take Luke on cheap money and a 1-year deal but I don't think he'll sign that. After all, Maguire has already worked with him so if he hasn't shown any interest then I assume we won't be offering anything.

Fair assessment

Archived