Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have been a follower of Hornets for a few years now, and have often read these forums from afar, but never taken the time to post.

It really concerns me to hear about the current state of affairs, and with the lack of any real engagement from the club, other than to the members I worry about what's going on, or not going on for that matter. 

From what I can see, we still have no board in place... are we therefore in a similar position to Swinton (special measures)?

This is the most important time for clubs, recruiting players and sponsors, keeping interest alive through newsletters, emails, social media, and luring fans in to spend through the winter to keep the coffers ticking.... but I see nothing at all?

What's next... Can anybody offer an insight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a member. But it seems that membership lapsed, and theres now no information anywhere about current membership prices, how to become a member, what the membership includes etc. 

Assuming you're a member BaronMK11, are you being regularly updated on progress with the club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 12:45, RedandGreenMachine said:

I was a member. But it seems that membership lapsed, and theres now no information anywhere about current membership prices, how to become a member, what the membership includes etc. 

Assuming you're a member BaronMK11, are you being regularly updated on progress with the club?

Yes I am, and I regularly use one of those modern contraptions, think they are called mobile phones, what I do is press the numbers on it in this order: 0-1-7-0-6-6-4-8-0-0-4, I wait a short time and then a voice appears (good init) I then ask my question...like...my membership has lapsed, could you explain the benefits of being a member and help me rejoin. Easy Peasy init.

 

Sorry to sound sarcastic and be simplistic about this, but it's bleedin obvious isn't it.

  • Sad 1

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 16:05, mickhornet said:

There is a meeting on  the 4th November at Spotland.Dont know how bad things are but certainly not good.

It's to elect a new board on a show of hands Mick.

 


QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Yes I am, and I regularly use one of those modern contraptions, think they are called mobile phones, what I do is press the numbers on it in this order: 0-1-7-0-6-6-4-8-0-0-4, I wait a short time and then a voice appears (good init) I then ask my question...like...my membership has lapsed, could you explain the benefits of being a member and help me rejoin. Easy Peasy init.

 

Sorry to sound sarcastic and be simplistic about this, but it's bleedin obvious isn't it.

Sarcasm or arrogance.....PR involves reaching out to your potential custom.  If i follow your simple instructions ill get an answer macine because my waking hours are when club officials are in bed.

 

Why cant they try another modern contraption ...the interweb!

 

We could then give our money to the club without troubling those busy workers and volunteers.

 

(good init)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Sarcasm or arrogance.....PR involves reaching out to your potential custom.  If i follow your simple instructions ill get an answer macine because my waking hours are when club officials are in bed.

 

Why cant they try another modern contraption ...the interweb!

 

We could then give our money to the club without troubling those busy workers and volunteers.

 

(good init)

Or you could try an Email...Doh!!!

  • Sad 1

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Baron MK2 What is the point of those replies?  These are people making a point about information and communication emanating from the club.  I guess it will be a skeleton staff and they must fear for the future but a website that is up to date with ways to buy membership if that is your bag?  or in some cases if it suits your short term agendas or merchandise which the club needs to move to bring income should be a given in this day and age.  The days of The Hornets Nest to rake in some off season cash are long gone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an outsider looking in, it's worrying to see what's happening at the club. There seems to be real animosity between some fans. We've seen a similar situation at Swinton. The fans need to come together as with many of us lower league clubs there aren't that many of us. I hope you can reunite and we can see a strong and competitive Rochdale Hornets next season. All the best for the 2020 season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

The Baron MK2 What is the point of those replies?  These are people making a point about information and communication emanating from the club.  I guess it will be a skeleton staff and they must fear for the future but a website that is up to date with ways to buy membership if that is your bag?  or in some cases if it suits your short term agendas or merchandise which the club needs to move to bring income should be a given in this day and age.  The days of The Hornets Nest to rake in some off season cash are long gone. 

 

19 hours ago, Rushy said:

Uncalled for Baron - what a total idiot you have shown yourself to be with those replies to a genuine question. Grow up.

Answering a question.....


QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didnt really answer my question Baron... are you, as a member, being regularly updated?

This is 2019... why cant you go online and sign up for a membership, or at least get access to how to become a member? Why are memberships not advertised.... anywhere?

To me, it is either incredibly poor management, or someone is trying to purposefully reduce the amount of members the club has, or is being very selective over who becomes a member. 

I will take you up on your advice though, and I will ring up the club and take out a membership this week. 

It's a very concerning time; No board, no players, no money, no active social media, rumours of player disputes, and a messy split between supporters. 

Almost 150 years of Rochdale Hornets, seemingly in the hands of one man. I know former Chairman Mark Wynn had his foes, but he wouldnt have let this happen on his watch. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RedandGreenMachine said:

You didnt really answer my question Baron... are you, as a member, being regularly updated?

This is 2019... why cant you go online and sign up for a membership, or at least get access to how to become a member? Why are memberships not advertised.... anywhere?

To me, it is either incredibly poor management, or someone is trying to purposefully reduce the amount of members the club has, or is being very selective over who becomes a member. 

I will take you up on your advice though, and I will ring up the club and take out a membership this week. 

It's a very concerning time; No board, no players, no money, no active social media, rumours of player disputes, and a messy split between supporters. 

Almost 150 years of Rochdale Hornets, seemingly in the hands of one man. I know former Chairman Mark Wynn had his foes, but he wouldnt have let this happen on his watch. 

 

Y-E-S. and if i want an answer to a question I contact the club and ask my question. The people manning the office are very thin on the ground at the minute, and I have no issue with club statements and information I've requested, I've always got an answer from them.


QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Y-E-S. and if i want an answer to a question I contact the club and ask my question. The people manning the office are very thin on the ground at the minute, and I have no issue with club statements and information I've requested, I've always got an answer from them.

If the clubs approach to engaging with its supporters is to have them phone the club for information I think we can safely say it is the end of the club.

 

I suggest on the tombstone you engrave  “why didn’t they call?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...