Flu Jab

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

I make a point of telling people who say they've got flu but are walking around, and might need a day off, that they really haven't.

Aye. I've had flu once. It was ridiculous. Could barely move. There's a lot I don't remember but I do remember it taking me hours to make a cup of tea and then not drinking it anyway because I was too exhausted.

Then, because I was a nitwit, a day or so later, I decided I'd recovered, went out for a session and wound up in hospital for four days after collapsing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I make a point of telling people who say they've got flu but are walking around, and might need a day off, that they really haven't.

Yeah that is one of my pet hates too. It's like when people return to work after 2 days fine saying they had the flu. Im just well no, no you hadn't. 

On 19/11/2019 at 07:07, Robin Evans said:

Is your trust the same as ours Gaz? 

Ours is a three line whip to get your jab!?

I oft think its counter productive.... if there's owt going to put some folk off doing something its telling them they have to do it!!

Get jabbed..... its just sensible.

After years of encouraging people to have the jab, our trust started offering people an extra day's annual leave if they had it.

Needless to say, uptake increased significantly.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Mumps cases are up last year, mainly due to all those people who listen to scare stories put about by people who don't know what they are talking about, but will be first in line when a Coronavirus vaccine is developed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51493496

Yes, there are some big balls out there currently.

Archived