Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Flu Jab

Had yours yet?

If not, two scenarios:

- Can you get it free? Well, why haven't you gone for it yet?
- Do you have to pay for it? Well, go on then!

This year is heading to be a perfect storm of an NHS under immense pressure tied to a flu season that's being predicted to be worse than any in the last decade.

Even if you think you're a superman/woman who can get through any flu infection, what about those you see? What if you gave the flu to your gran who has breathing problems. What about if you infected your office, taking out half your workers and you had to pick up their work? What if you gave your flu to a vulnerable kid in passing on the street and that ended up with that kid in hospital? Plenty of other "carrier" scenarios out there, even if you're not badly affected.

Just do it. I'm not being as nice about it as those adverts asking you nicely to get it done if you're in the vulnerable groups.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Had it done on the 1st October. You can protect yourself and your family by having the flu jab. 

Edited by Rage
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ckn said:

Had yours yet?

If not, two scenarios:

- Can you get it free? Well, why haven't you gone for it yet?
- Do you have to pay for it? Well, go on then!

This year is heading to be a perfect storm of an NHS under immense pressure tied to a flu season that's being predicted to be worse than any in the last decade.

Even if you think you're a superman/woman who can get through any flu infection, what about those you see? What if you gave the flu to your gran who has breathing problems. What about if you infected your office, taking out half your workers and you had to pick up their work? What if you gave your flu to a vulnerable kid in passing on the street and that ended up with that kid in hospital? Plenty of other "carrier" scenarios out there, even if you're not badly affected.

Just do it. I'm not being as nice about it as those adverts asking you nicely to get it done if you're in the vulnerable groups.

have you been watching the "public information films" from the 70s again?  just off for a few fags in bed when I manage to get out of this fridge I fished out of the murky water with a branch.

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Done FOC a few weeks ago. The nurse said, "just a little p. R. I. C. K....." how well she knows me..... 😛😛😛

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 3

Four legs good - two legs bad

As soon as the vaccinations arrive we get marched off to the nurses office to have ours so had it a few weeks ago.  Supposed to be a bad one coming this year.  Always have mine in case the kids get the flu and grandkids need taking care of.

That dawning realisation that politicians are worse than the Mafia

Yes, was done in Sept. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I get it for free because I am (or was, I'm not sure now) in a 'vulnerable' group. Our surgery arranges a mass gathering of recipients on the same Saturday morning each October. It always coincides with the Scottish National Cross-country Relay Championships in the afternoon, an event that I invariably do badly in. I'm sure the vaccination has nothing to do with it.

9 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Yes, was done in Sept. 

Is your trust the same as ours Gaz? 

Ours is a three line whip to get your jab!😊

I oft think its counter productive.... if there's owt going to put some folk off doing something its telling them they have to do it!!

Get jabbed..... its just sensible.

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Is your trust the same as ours Gaz? 

Ours is a three line whip to get your jab!😊

I oft think its counter productive.... if there's owt going to put some folk off doing something its telling them they have to do it!!

Get jabbed..... its just sensible.

We push quite hard, but I've not had my arm twisted, nor my team. We did start early this year, to try to get a steady flow, rather than queues and a mad rush. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb