Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Toronto Wolfpack approached to end Mitchell saga

Recommended Posts

On 21/12/2019 at 11:24, Kayakman said:

A Canadian, Sir Sanford Fleming, invented time zones my friend.....we made Greenwich, England the start at zero since we know the English seem to have trouble counting large numbers and other difficulties in maths.


He was definitely British mate; apart from the fact he was born here, you lot were all still British until at least 1932 anyway... 😉 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:


He was definitely British mate; apart from the fact he was born here, you lot were all still British until at least 1932 anyway... 😉 

Nope...Canadian through and through.... although all Canadians had British Citizenship until 1947.

Why did you say 1932 (Statute Of Westminister?)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 12:55, Kayakman said:

Nope...Canadian through and through.... although all Canadians had British Citizenship until 1947.

Why did you say 1932 (Statute Of Westminister?)?

Pretty well known to anyone who knows a bit about recent history he was Scottish - so then British. Only moved to the colonies (Canada) after he was educated in the UK - hence why he made a good living in Canada which was basically a 3rd world country / colony due to his superior UK education.

You cant just cherry pick a nationality for someone to match your ( flimsy) argument marra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Pretty well known to anyone who knows a bit about recent history he was Scottish - so then British. Only moved to the colonies (Canada) after he was educated in the UK - hence why he made a good living in Canada which was basically a 3rd world country / colony due to his superior UK education.

You cant just cherry pick a nationality for someone to match your ( flimsy) argument marra.

He went from Scotland to Scotland...ever hear of Nova Scotia (New Scotland).   Everyone who was Canadian at the time was also British...surely you must comprehend that?  Further,  everyone who was British was not Canadian, come on?...you've got to be able to fathom that.

The man clearly enhanced his education in Canada and fulfilled his destiny here due to the superior climate,  both academically and physically.  Britain was basically a good building block to use as a platform to move on to bigger and better things...this was not a one off...it happened all the time to numerous immigrants from Great Britain at the time...RL is a good example with the Wolfpack destined to dominate Rugby League in the Old World in the not too distant future.

You can't just cherry pick a nationality to match your unsound argument now marra.

 

th.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Pretty well known to anyone who knows a bit about recent history he was Scottish - so then British. Only moved to the colonies (Canada) after he was educated in the UK - hence why he made a good living in Canada which was basically a 3rd world country / colony due to his superior UK education.

You cant just cherry pick a nationality for someone to match your ( flimsy) argument marra.

Educated in the U.K.? He moved to Canada at 18. His years of higher education would have been in Canada. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

Educated in the U.K.? He moved to Canada at 18. His years of higher education would have been in Canada. 

So he had no education at all before he went to North America? - anyone who goes onto higher education needs a good grounding education and he wouldn't have got that in a poor country like Canada.

By the way - to keep this relevant to Rugby - he played as a winger for his local RU club until he left for the colonies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

He went from Scotland to Scotland...ever hear of Nova Scotia (New Scotland).   Everyone who was Canadian at the time was also British...surely you must comprehend that?  Further,  everyone who was British was not Canadian, come on?...you've got to be able to fathom that.

The man clearly enhanced his education in Canada and fulfilled his destiny here due to the superior climate,  both academically and physically.  Britain was basically a good building block to use as a platform to move on to bigger and better things...this was not a one off...it happened all the time to numerous immigrants from Great Britain at the time...RL is a good example with the Wolfpack destined to dominate Rugby League in the Old World in the not too distant future.

You can't just cherry pick a nationality to match your unsound argument now marra.

 

th.jpg

Yep same now with everyone from Canada using it as a stepping stone to get to a better life in America - that's life. I've lived in Canada and Oz and each has its merits and some bad points in terms of standard of living but both struggle with culture and being detached from the rest of the world - Oz still lives in the shadow of the UK and Canada will always live in the shadow of the USA.

Hope your right about The WP but with a very thin squad in terms of real quality, and lack of top class half backs, 2020 will be a real fight to stay in SL - At the moment they just need to concentrate on being better than one of Hudds or Wakey - if they finish above one of those they will just stay in SL.

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 12:55, Kayakman said:

Nope...Canadian through and through.... although all Canadians had British Citizenship until 1947.

Why did you say 1932 (Statute Of Westminister?)?

Aye I’d argue you didn’t have any independent sovereignty until then mate - Canada was a bit like a big county, like Yorkshire on steroids 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep same now with everyone from Canada using it as a stepping stone to get to a better life in America - that's life. I've lived in Canada and Oz and each has its merits and some bad points in terms of standard of living but both struggle with culture and being detached from the rest of the world - Oz still lives in the shadow of the UK and Canada will always live in the shadow of the USA.

Hope your right about The WP but with a very thin squad in terms of real quality, and lack of top class half backs, 2020 will be a real fight to stay in SL - At the moment they just need to concentrate on being better than one of Hudds or Wakey - if they finish above one of those they will just stay in SL.

I've lived in both countries too and I generally agree with your statement on the cultures..its true.

Now I must digress and disagree with you about the Wolfpack...but of course yours is the majority opinion and I am in the minority on this (I know).  Certainly we could a bit more depth (who could not?) but the halfbacks will be fine.   I'm looking for Toronto to finish in the top 5-time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Aye I’d argue you didn’t have any independent sovereignty until then mate - Canada was a bit like a big county, like Yorkshire on steroids 😂

You must understand that Yorkshire is puny compared to Canada...Yorkshire on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.....all of Great Britain on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.   Its sort of like comparing a large basketball to this (.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You must understand that Yorkshire is puny compared to Canada...Yorkshire on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.....all of Great Britain on steroids is puny when compared to Canada.   Its sort of like comparing a large basketball to this (.)

Yet this puny country has basically ran, educated and showed the world how to be a success. 

Also all major world sports originate in this puny country.

Canada is basically the USAs 51st unwanted state and you play their sports to try and keep in with them.

Hopefully the WP will stick around and not be an other Paris Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yet this puny country has basically ran, educated and showed the world how to be a success. 

Also all major world sports originate in this puny country.

Canada is basically the USAs 51st unwanted state and you play their sports to try and keep in with them.

Hopefully the WP will stick around and not be an other Paris Club.

Well that is not a very good attitude!  One time I ran into this guy in France and he basically said the same thing about France and the French Revolution and politics in general...I looked him straight in the eye and said:

Qu'avez-vous fait pour nous ces derniers temps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well that is not a very good attitude!  One time I ran into this guy in France and he basically said the same thing about France and the French Revolution and politics in general...I looked him straight in the eye and said:

Qu'avez-vous fait pour nous ces derniers temps?

And he said " Are you American son!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

And he said " Are you American son!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And I replied, "Tabernac!.....Moi...je suis les Quebecois mon ami!...Caleis!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

And I replied, "Tabernac!.....Moi...je suis les Quebecois mon ami!...Caleis!"

Bloody yanks, like the French, No sense of humour.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Bloody yanks, like the French, No sense of humour.

Damn Irishmen...just like the Aussies, No sense of a proper ruck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

bennett said no before about james roberts.  i still think he will go there.  they are trying to release dane gagai who will go to wests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitchell could have been great for the Wolfpack, but already having Sonny it could bring an whole lot of problems between the two of them

On the football side of it I would go for Mitchell anytime before Sonny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frank said:

Mitchell could have been great for the Wolfpack, but already having Sonny it could bring an whole lot of problems between the two of them

On the football side of it I would go for Mitchell anytime before Sonny.

Sbw could've been a mentor for latrell.

They are both good friends of Anthony mundine so there's a connection 

Wolfpack shouldve found a way to get him even if it meant releasing other imports like that guy from Cronulla on 500k. He's average 

Edited by aj1908

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

Sbw could've been a mentor for latrell.

They are both good friends of Anthony mundine so there's a connection 

Wolfpack shouldve found a way to get him even if it meant releasing other imports like that guy from Cronulla on 500k. He's average 

And there's the problem Mundine, a bad influence on any young player and never did himself any favours.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frank said:

And there's the problem Mundine, a bad influence on any young player and never did himself any favours.

yep.  hes been in his ear to get as much money as he can, which has turned the roosters off him.  and also to not sing the anthem

mundine ruined his owner league career, and now is doing the same to latrell.

latrell is getting such bad advice now.  the roosters offer of 800k a season was a good one.  he wont get more and go to a worse club.

the roosters looked after him off the field a lot when he had problems.  they feel let down

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/latrell-prepares-to-meet-with-bennett-as-souths-poised-to-seal-massive-jai-arrow-boost/news-story/0932abfccd17dd509175eaa3cb8fecb4

souths to get him on 400k pa for one year, with the roosters already having paid him 140k and probably will pay more of his salary this year too

souths are a title chance now with arrow expected to join this year as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/latrell-prepares-to-meet-with-bennett-as-souths-poised-to-seal-massive-jai-arrow-boost/news-story/0932abfccd17dd509175eaa3cb8fecb4

souths to get him on 400k pa for one year, with the roosters already having paid him 140k and probably will pay more of his salary this year too

souths are a title chance now with arrow expected to join this year as well

I thought the original offer to Mitchell was 800k from Roosters, or have i got that wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I thought the original offer to Mitchell was 800k from Roosters, or have i got that wrong?

It was.  But it's been withdrawn.  They want him out 

His best offer is tigers for 1 million pa over 4 years but he doesn't want to go there 

South's have an excellent culture for aboriginal players and Bennett.as.well for.redemption stories 

Mitchell isn't losing that much he's not entitled to a pay.rise.this year for the roosters anyway

 

Edited by aj1908

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...