Documentary Destination Super League

manu266

Watched this in the UK a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame it was hidden away on a relatively low key channel because it's a great sporting story.

It has been pleasing to see how TWP have evolved in such a short space of time. I went to the million pound game and was hugely impressed with what is going on over there. Things can only get better in my opinion.

One thing that stuck in my head was what McDermott said right at the very end about getting relegated but not on performance.....very cryptic. I can only presume he means that SL may return to licensing and not grant TWP a place.....I personally can't see this happening as you bring more to the table than many existing SL clubs. What do you Wolfpack fans think he meant by this statement????

22 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

Watched this in the UK a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame it was hidden away on a relatively low key channel because it's a great sporting story.

It has been pleasing to see how TWP have evolved in such a short space of time. I went to the million pound game and was hugely impressed with what is going on over there. Things can only get better in my opinion.

One thing that stuck in my head was what McDermott said right at the very end about getting relegated but not on performance.....very cryptic. I can only presume he means that SL may return to licensing and not grant TWP a place.....I personally can't see this happening as you bring more to the table than many existing SL clubs. What do you Wolfpack fans think he meant by this statement????

I think he means that we are a little thin and if we get alot of injuries we are in trouble.

I think not. He is not one to get things confused like that. He is fully aware of the roadblocks that have been placed in front of TWP. Probably expecting TWP to be the fall guys if there are changes ahead . The current squad isn't to be feared. Respected but not feared. The financial muscle is there to run riot should they get a foothold in SL and this may be the issue.

I think he was commenting on the visa issues..recall earlier in the program he discussed the WP overseas players not being on the same visa as UK based teams overseas players and referencing the Darcy Lussick issue that happened in June when Darcy had to head from Oz to Canada thus missing some UK games.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I think he means that we are a little thin and if we get alot of injuries we are in trouble.

we are at the salary cap apparently even at 23 players and this is preventing them bring Quinn Ngawati back on the roster on Cdn dlrs

13 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I think he was commenting on the visa issues..recall earlier in the program he discussed the WP overseas players not being on the same visa as UK based teams overseas players and referencing the Darcy Lussick issue that happened in June when Darcy had to head from Oz to Canada thus missing some UK games.

That was interesting, the visa thing. I really thought that Wolfpack overseas players had the same visa as overseas players in other teams, because like it or not the team is mainly based in the UK, these players pay taxes in the UK when they are not in Canada (so most of the year), the fact that they and their families cannot use NHS is outrageous. But the risk of not being readmitted in the UK after a game in Canada or France is a real issue. Imagine that, after all the @#$% that was said about Canadian visa issue... Imagine Sonny Bill, with the amount of money is now paying to the UK revenue services, not being readmitted after his first games in Canada.

Boris fix that mess please!

All the way through I found myself nodding in agreement. Perez, Argyle, Noble, McDermott, they all get it. And they equally understand why other UK fans don't. What is wrong with these people???

On 14/01/2020 at 11:37, Kayakman said:

Politics and bureaucracy. What you earn by your efforts on the playing field can still be undone in the behind the scenes by petty jealous rivals who like their fans don't want the Wolfpack as part of their little gang.

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Politics and bureaucracy. What you earn by your efforts on the playing field can still be undone in the behind the scenes by petty jealous rivals who like their fans don't want the Wolfpack as part of their little gang.

Exactly.

Archived