Sign in to follow this  
Hela Wigmen

Magic Weekend on Sky

No idea if it’s just been me sat at home missing Magic, Newcastle and the Rugby but I’ve filled the void with Sky’s coverage. 

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the entire Huddersfield v Salford, Wigan v Leeds and Hull v Hull KR games today. 

Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow, though I might just go out for a couple of hours when Warrington and Saints from 2013 is on. 

• Like 4

I've watched a bit, but my connection's been dodgy for most of the day. Still, more Magic games tomorrow, before we wait for the NRL restart on Thursday.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes.... It's so great watching it and pretending its live! 

I'd like them to show some summer bash too

Have a feeling you might get your wish.

Check out next Saturdays schedule.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

And in typical "SKY hates us" style, they manage to show 1 of only 3 defeats for the events' meisters, Huddersfield 😁

Edited by meast

33 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The graphics are actually better than now! Look more polished and professional 

I thought that. I’d completely forgotten about the focus they did on the try scorer. 

I also noticed that Rod Studd was a horrific commentator. I’m glad he’s not used any more. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2020 at 15:23, Hullfan said:

The Hull Derby from 2012, has caused a bit of a stir on social media between scott Taylor and the Hull kr fans. 

I was there for that one.... Great game but what I really remember is a fight between a group of KR/Hull fans out of the ground... At least half of them were women.... Scary fat women

I had 4 southern mates with me... Some of them at their first ever league game.... Was great 😁.... One of them is now a fellow season ticket holder at Ealing 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

The Wigan vs Leeds game was great 

But also... Didn't it 'look' amazing? Graphics looked brilliant, crowd looked big, atmosphere and everything else just looked like a big event / sport.... Even Carney and Wells looked sharp in their suits and on field screen

Have Sky reduced their budget for coverage these days as I don't think it has that same sheen these days 

God I miss Rugby..... 

• Like 1