Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting article and well done to him for resetting and moving through the ranks in a second sport.

I think he has nailed the substitution issue in Union but that is a chat for the cross code forum.

What I found interesting was how he said he was taken aback by the physical intensity of the hits in League. From a former international Union ref that is a real endorsement of the physical side of our game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to know his view on the League ruck. Whether, when he studied the rulebook and applied it in practice, he noticed things which never came across on TV commentaries. And that it`s rooted in the same basic principles as the Union version.

Union players know that they have to come round and in from behind the back foot, yet often League players, including those with a history of playing Union, if they`re ahead of the ball when the tackle is complete, feel entitled to walk back through the mark, clambering over the tackled player. This suggests that Union coaches explain the rules of the ruck better to their players than their League counterparts.

Still don`t understand how anybody views the Union scrum as a contest for possession. When was the last time a team "won three scrums against the head"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Very interesting article and well done to him for resetting and moving through the ranks in a second sport.

I think he has nailed the substitution issue in Union but that is a chat for the cross code forum.

What I found interesting was how he said he was taken aback by the physical intensity of the hits in League. From a former international Union ref that is a real endorsement of the physical side of our game.

This might seem curmudgeonly, but I am weary of hearing how physical (the other one is simple) League is compared to Union. Can`t believe this really does us any favours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

This might seem curmudgeonly, but I am weary of hearing how physical (the other one is simple) League is compared to Union. Can`t believe this really does us any favours.

It's a tricky one. I don't think there is anything to apologise for when it comes to describing our sport as tough... it is probably one of the attributes that most people associate with Rugby League.

I also accept it is a barrier to raising the playing numbers (that is where touch and masters comes in).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It's a tricky one. I don't think there is anything to apologise for when it comes to describing our sport as tough... it is probably one of the attributes that most people associate with Rugby League.

I also accept it is a barrier to raising the playing numbers (that is where touch and masters comes in).

Don`t forget Tag RL, which is closer than Touch to the real thing. Masters is a good innovation. Personally I`m waiting for Codgers RL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...