Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

England to PLAY in 2022??

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I hope that you do not consider me patronizing,  it just seems there is just not enough high level competition readily available at present and that is holding England back. All  that would be needed is an `ice-breaker` to show one of these smaller nations could tour successfully on and off the field. That may then open the the gates to all the potentially entertaining southern hemisphere teams.

I know if there’s another 3 match series against New Zealand I will go to 1 of the games, whichever’s closest to me, as I did last time.

If we were to play a 3 game series against Tonga I’d be buying tickets and going to all 3 games. 

I’m sure plenty of fans feel the same and a Tonga tour would be just as successful as a Kiwis tour. We just need the organisers to break from their tired and tested same old fixtures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2020 at 13:13, Damien said:

I honestly cannot see why a tour from Tonga wouldn't generate similar crowds to what we see from the Kiwis. I honestly think people are sick to death of playing the kiwis and people would be more inclined to go to something different, particularly after Tonga's exploits over recent years. People who may not fancy going to match against other lesser nations due to possibly thinking they would be one sided certainly aren't going to think that about Tonga. Costs and player payments are less for Tonga than the Kiwis too.

They are our biggest rivals and we have great games against them. Do the english cricket fans get tired of playing australia? Nope. I think the kiwis are a far bigger draw than tonga. There is no polynesian dysphoria in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

They are our biggest rivals and we have great games against them. Do the english cricket fans get tired of playing australia? Nope. I think the kiwis are a far bigger draw than tonga. There is no polynesian dysphoria in the UK.

They are not our biggest rivals and never have been. They have always been very much 2nd to Australia. Various posters on here have said they are sick of playing NZ and that Tonga would be a bigger attraction. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

They are our biggest rivals and we have great games against them. Do the english cricket fans get tired of playing australia? Nope. I think the kiwis are a far bigger draw than tonga. There is no polynesian dysphoria in the UK.

No, because they play Australia once at home every 4 years in a regular schedule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Damien said:

They are not our biggest rivals and never have been. They have always been very much 2nd to Australia. Various posters on here have said they are sick of playing NZ and that Tonga would be a bigger attraction. 

Ye they are australia is in a league of their own. I'm willing to bet my house england vs tonga will not garner interest like england vs nz and nz are number 1 in the world right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Themusician_2 said:

Ye they are australia is in a league of their own. I'm willing to bet my house england vs tonga will not garner interest like england vs nz and nz are number 1 in the world right now.

Sorry that is laughable. People are sick of playing NZ, people have complained about it on here for the past few years. I don't know anyone that would consider NZ number 1 in the world either. Where are you based?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Damien said:

Sorry that is laughable. People are sick of playing NZ, people have complained about it on here for the past few years. I don't know anyone that would consider NZ number 1 in the world either. Where are you based?

Look at the world rankings. In my opinion nz is still a bigger draw than tonga. But i guess we got to agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

Look at the world rankings. In my opinion nz is still a bigger draw than tonga. But i guess we got to agree to disagree.

I don't need to. No one in their right mind would say NZ are number 1. Again where are you based? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Themusician_2 said:

Look at the world rankings. In my opinion nz is still a bigger draw than tonga. But i guess we got to agree to disagree.

Do a poll and then we'll know what people here think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Why don't we just play them both? A tri nations series

I’d be more up for playing NZ if there was another nation (or two) to make it a bit more of a tournament feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d be more up for playing NZ if there was another nation (or two) to make it a bit more of a tournament feel. 

I agree. Maybe bring Samoa or Fiji over too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could play warm up matches against France, Wales, Scotland, Ireland too so they get some big games.

Maybe bring USA, Canada and Jamaica over to take on France and the home nations at the same time

Edited by JM2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...