Graham

NRL Match Thread Round 12

Of the Indigenous Round shirts I've seen do far, my favourites have been the Cowboys and the yellow Referees ones.

Tomorrow's matches are at antisocal o'clock AM, but there are 1-hour extended highlights at 11pm Sunday night. I may go for the latter and avoid this thread 'til then. 

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Final: Bulldogs 16- 18 Eels

Eels off to a flyer and race into an 18 point lead with tries from Moses and two from Gutherson.  End up having to hold on as Bulldogs  mounted a spirited comeback. In the end the only difference was Averillo's failure  to convert his own acrobatic  try.

• Like 1

With the final being later this year instead of the nine hour difference at the moment between here and Sydney we will have an eleven hour difference by the time the final comes around.

I thought the crowd looked a bit packed on the hill

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-reportedly-investigating-packed-sunshine-coast-crowd/news-story/fc1a36daf6284201a3101eceb3a0ee8f

I have made a mental note to visit Sunshine Coast Stadium if ever we get back to normal on this planet.

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019