First Polish Champions - Warsaw Tritons

On 13/10/2020 at 20:17, ATLANTISMAN said:

FANTASTIC 2 great cities as well I spent quite a lot of time in Lodz in the late 90,s I was last there around 2005 and the city has come on leaps and bounds (Used to be known as the polish Manchester) 

RL is a natural for the poles:)

Makes me laugh how on every podcast it’s been pronounced how an English person would read it. Not that I’m taking the ######, there’s no reason why anyone who hasn’t been there would know it’s not said anything like that. 

36 minutes ago, langpark said:

Poland have "existed" for a whole now but not really done much. Hopefully this is a turning point.

Seems to be the case in a lot of countries. I always like to put a positive spin on it by comparing it to a small company that has been producing the same thing for years and years, just surviving and that one day its` product will really take off, i.e. just surviving not being a bad thing more a sign of the resilience of the demand for that product just waiting for its` time.

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Pronounced "woodge", but written "Lodz", for those that don't know.

But yes, as you say, impossible to know that if you have not been or are not Polish.

Poland have "existed" for a whole now but not really done much. Hopefully this is a turning point. 

Hopefully. I often think RL has more of a chance in places with little or no Union culture than somewhere like Italy. Obv the South Sea islands buck that trend but in Europe anyway. Poland for example, if the game took off a bit there, could be in our World Cup in 12 years time, whereas in Union it would take 50. 

Archived