2021 season details announced

Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Much as I want the club back to staging games, I didn't see any plan in how the clubs will handle teams who can't fulfil fixtures due to Covid. They need a plan, they had outbreaks with SL teams during the Summer when Covid incidence was very low and the players are full-time. Hopefully, they have a plan B, but are keeping it under wraps.

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Get in. Really hope they will be letting crowds in by then, even if limited. Emley FC (in Kirklees) are allowing crowds in at the moment so we must have a chance.

Why have we been chosen to play in the first round of the cup?

We are one of the four bottom-placed clubs from the 2019 season.

The likelihood of spectators is minimal, in my view.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

"It has also been agreed that the league table in each competition will be determined on a points percentage system, as with Betfred Super League in 2020, in recognition of the likelihood of Covid-19 remaining a factor."

And the cup competitions which are at the beginning big the season?

This all sounds like a great reason to get my season ticket online - easy peasy!

2 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Who knows? The RFL moves in mysterious ways but you'd guess a team may have to concede the tie if they can't fulfil a fixture.

My understanding, and I may be wrong, is that no one concedes a tie for Covid.  It is void,  This is how the percentage system works...

I'm hearing reports next season championship and championship 1 will not be using points to work out league positions but using percentages instead.. So we need in our first 6 games Oldham, Newcastle, Batley, Swinton, Sheffield, Whitehaven ...6 wins then sack the season off lol worked for catalans lol

3 hours ago, coolie said:

I'm hearing reports next season championship and championship 1 will not be using points to work out league positions but using percentages instead.. So we need in our first 6 games Oldham, Newcastle, Batley, Swinton, Sheffield, Whitehaven ...6 wins then sack the season off lol worked for catalans lol

"Hearing reports" or actually read the link?

On 27/12/2020 at 09:37, coolie said:

Hey Coolie..I'd be careful sticking Newcastle in your list of wins..think they'll take some beating.  Aint many teams in our league with recent Wigan half backs to show off....

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Hey Coolie..I'd be careful sticking Newcastle in your list of wins..think they'll take some beating.  Aint many teams in our league with recent Wigan half backs to show off....

I have all faith in our squad, yes they beat us in the cup (fat lot of good that did them) after we had a midweek tie away at shitehaven in 10 foot of mud. 

We will avenge that result🤔🤔😉😉😉

On 28/12/2020 at 17:40, coolie said:

I have all faith in our squad, yes they beat us in the cup (fat lot of good that did them) after we had a midweek tie away at shitehaven in 10 foot of mud. 

We will avenge that result🤔🤔😉😉😉

On paper they are much stronger this coming season having spent a fair amount of ££££ recruiting some decent players. The sooner that we play them the better, I reckon, before they start to gel.

Now we are hearing that, as a non-elite sport, the Championship restart will be put back until late April at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 17:40, Blind side johnny said:

Now we are hearing that, as a non-elite sport, the Championship restart will be put back until late April at the earliest.

Not often wrong that BSJ character...https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2021/01/14/2021-season-latest-rfl-statement/ , though its not clear to me what "several" weeks constitutes....Hopefully early April (fingers crossed)......

I reckon April start, behind closed doors and streamed. It is anybody's guess when spectators would be allowed, or feel comfortable attending.

This never happened before summer RL - just saying!

13 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think it might be later more like June. Whilst a lot of the spectators will be vaccinated by then, the players won't be.

It’ll be earlier than June.  Once us old foggies and the others in the top four groups have been vaccinated things will open up.  The risks to the NHS will reduce massively and deaths will fall.  The risk of serious illness to the players is minuscule already. 
All providing we don’t get a new variant that the vaccine doesn’t recognise of course. 

1 hour ago, NickD said:

It’ll be earlier than June.  Once us old foggies and the others in the top four groups have been vaccinated things will open up.  The risks to the NHS will reduce massively and deaths will fall.  The risk of serious illness to the players is minuscule already. 
All providing we don’t get a new variant that the vaccine doesn’t recognise of course. 

ICU wards are currently filling with people in their 30's and 40's Nick: I think that "miniscule" is incorrect.

Frankly none of us knows. We all hope for things to return to some sort of normal but what that might be, and when, is simply guesswork.

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Opening up without getting infection rates down to virtually zero (and having plans in place for if and when they start to rise) is a great way to ensure more mutations when there's a target rich environment for the virus to circulate through. And there is not just the two outcomes of either recovery or death. Many survivors are going to suffer long term effects which will put a burden on the NHS for years to come.

Archived