James Child on the LGBT Sport Podcast

3 hours ago, Click said:

You mind posting your homework? As I find it incredibly hard to believe that Child has a "major problem" with Wire. 

The man is a professional, and he will blow penalties if teams offend, which they do.. Surprisingly ......

When the homework is done it’ll show It’s more a Chris Hill problem than a James Child problem 😜

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Wilderspoolmemories said:

Hi, yes mate I have, and I am justified in my opinion that the man seems to have a major problem with wire, especially when we play saints. I don't make wild, sweeping statements,I have done my homework!

If you can see that, then it would be reasonable to to think that Warrington's management would also see that. It would then also be reasonable to think that Warrington's management would have taken it up with the refs supremo and with the SL/RFL management. It would then be reasonable to think that the issue would have been examined and resolved.  

On 25/02/2021 at 20:53, Spidey said:

Your local has the most diverse bunch of people I’ve ever heard of

really?

On 26/02/2021 at 13:34, Wilderspoolmemories said:

I'm not bothered about him being gay. I am bothered about him being an awful referee who seems to penalise us heavily while letting the opposition go unpunished for offences. I resign myself to the fact that Warrington will probably lose when I see he's been appointed to "referee" our match. I'm usually correct!!

I thought it was only Wakefield he hated and didn't let win 🙄

On 26/02/2021 at 19:38, Tommygilf said:

That is certainly a point I was trying to get across. I understand that perhaps by definition of them not putting it front and centre, gay men like Child are always going to be less prominent than more extrovert examples - but they are perhaps the figures who need to be, for want of a better word, "normalised", most.

Quite so.  one thinks of Kenneth Williams, Hugh Paddick, Larry Grayson, John Inman and similar "camp" acts over the years. Chicken or egg?  Was this the only way they could get a job? was it expected behaviour?  This "campness" didn't seem to be a problem to them, though.

Drag Race is different. from what I have seen, its just tripe, complete and utter tripe. 

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Quite so.  one thinks of Kenneth Williams, Hugh Paddick, Larry Grayson, John Inman and similar "camp" acts over the years. Chicken or egg?  Was this the only way they could get a job? was it expected behaviour?  This "campness" didn't seem to be a problem to them, though.

Drag Race is different. from what I have seen, its just tripe, complete and utter tripe. 

That last remark was in bad taste, remove it immediately! image.gif.6cf37ab59d1278a28bcd50ba3c0d274b.gif😶

Archived