OurLeague app & streaming (Merged Threads)

MZH

57 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Has OurLeague now packed up completely from showing live games?

I totally get why they aren't showing SL matches to season ticket holders any more with restrictions lifted, or the Championship games for those teams that chose to pay the £1200 for the coverage.

But in previous seasons they were showing a couple of Championship/League 1/women's SL games every week weren't they, for free?

If you look on the OurLeague page there are now no live games scheduled. If they are simply giving up altogether, that seems a huge shame after the success of their previous games. I understand completely about Sky having the rights, but that was the case last year when OurLeague started showing games, so has something changed in that respect?

This begs the question - if Sky aren't picking it up, is the huge Championship game on 1st August between the two currently unbeaten teams, Featherstone and Toulouse, not going to be shown live anywhere? This game is surely of big interest to fans across Rugby League.

I know that Twitch seems to be the platform of choice for womens' RL (Wigan v York tomorrow), with OurLeague showing highlights later. As for the rest, everything's a bit fluid at the moment, so we have to pay close attention to keep up with developments.

If it is down to rights for the men's games, then Sky have the whip-hand (and the lawyers). If they don't want to be helpful, I don't think it can be helped.

Maybe after "Freedom Day" tomorrow turns into the super-spreading disaster with a flare up it's bum that it promises to be, new deals will be arranged.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

Big question is next year. Looks like Our League could sell all non Sky and terrestrial games plus Championship and League One. 

That would be excellent along with a bit of marketing of the app and its content. 

10 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

That would be excellent along with a bit of marketing of the app and its content. 

At £150 for season, or £20 for a weekend- could be high enough to not hit attendances and pocket RFL/ SL some cash. 

10,000 season access passes at £150 is £1.5m 

40,000 weekend buys (so around 1,500 a week) at £20 is £800k 

Might be a bit optimistic but with no/ small production costs as sky paying to film Super league- an opportunity 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Herness said:

I was recommended FuboTV to watch the League. Subscription costs 75$ a month. Don't mind paying it but my question here is does it worth it?  

Its hard to justify that price if thats your sole reason for subscribing to FuboTV or any other streaming service (I'm assuming this is still on Fox Soccer Plus) when you can subscribe to watchNRL for 150 a year and get far more matches.

Archived