Championship and Championship 1.Where now

On 02/05/2021 at 14:39, wiganermike said:

South Wales Scorpions were taken over by West Wales Raiders so I don't think the Scorpions still exist. After their experience of League 1 would Hemel want to step up again or are they happier where they are now?

I know a few people keep suggesting a North/South split to cut travel should League 1 cease to operate as it does presently but I think an East and West split would be better if there were to be a regional set up below the Championship. That way the more southerly clubs would be able to regularly play clubs from the northern heartland and would be able to more readily see how they were developing as clubs rather than creating an instantly much stronger North division that was supposedly on par with a weaker South division. In an East and West split the top teams in each would be of a pretty even standard to those in the other division with the same applying when comparing the weaker teams in one division to those weaker teams in the other division.

That makes sense otherwise you've got the NCL with like 48 / 49 stronger clubs than a South (Southern Conference League) with maybe 12 or so Clubs of which even the top four or five would possibly be not on a par with the lowest NCL Division Clubs......

22 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

That makes sense otherwise you've got the NCL with like 48 / 49 stronger clubs than a South (Southern Conference League) with maybe 12 or so Clubs of which even the top four or five would possibly be not on a par with the lowest NCL Division Clubs......

Possibly some of the London clubs that have a lot of Australian backpackers could compete on the field with NCL clubs but they'd never meet off field criteria. Beyond them I can't see anyone getting close.

• Like 1