Toulouse on 1st Aug will be a huge game

Fev1983

24 minutes ago, Fev1983 said:

Can we win the next 3 league game to set up a huge game? I hope we don’t pick up any injuries in the 1895 final, the following weekend is far more important for me, I no I am early but the excitement is building 

That's true to some extent F but the way we are playing what happens in the league is merely a sideshow I want all our players to be fit for the grand final and hopefully hold up the cup and their winning medals at the end of the 80 🏺🥇 😀

I get it from both sides, I no the players will want to win their medals at Wembley, without sounding disrespectful or ungrateful we have only won 2 games to get to Wembley, I really want to see us play in SL and believe we deserve it this year,  I do believe the Toulouse game will have a bigger impact in the long run than an rfl sideshow, just my opinion, that’s not to say we won’t all enjoy a day in london. UTR

17 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true to some extent F but the way we are playing what happens in the league is merely a sideshow I want all our players to be fit for the grand final and hopefully hold up the cup and their winning medals at the end of the 80 🏺🥇 😀

Are you talking about the payoff final, then finishing top will give us an advantage, didn’t Toronto have 2 home games?

Let's be confident but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Widnes came pretty close to upsetting our applecart in the cup and we go to their artificial pitch one week before Wembley. Halifax are improving and didn't do badly against us either. It's all about taking every match as it comes. We beat every side above us bar Toronto in the 2019 play offs so we don't want to fall victim to an in form team this year.

35 minutes ago, Fev1983 said:

Are you talking about the payoff final, then finishing top will give us an advantage, didn’t Toronto have 2 home games?

YES 

finishing top will give us an advantage,but nothing been decided about this years venue and remember the RFL thought it was going to be a TWP and TO final and were scared that an empty headingley stadium would  be shown on TV  so plumed for canada and their big crowds to make themselves look good

I think if your good enough to win it you can win  it anywhere FEV TO headingley the MOON 

Remember the 2019 semi in TO we won 36-12 with a team that wouldn't beat this years 17

If hopefully we and Toulouse remain unbeaten before our game on 1st August everything possible should be done to maximise the attendance.I would hope that a crowd of 5000 plus could be achieved.I would have no problem with discounted tickets to new or floating supporters to push the attendance up another 1000+ it would be a game to showcase what Rovers have to offer with facilities and on the field performance.

8 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If hopefully we and Toulouse remain unbeaten before our game on 1st August everything possible should be done to maximise the attendance.I would hope that a crowd of 5000 plus could be achieved.I would have no problem with discounted tickets to new or floating supporters to push the attendance up another 1000+ it would be a game to showcase what Rovers have to offer with facilities and on the field performance.

5000 would be brilliant but it won't happen ,Toulouse won't bring any and sadly the people of Featherstone just aren't interested enough to get that many. PLENTY going to Wembley but not going to home games, sadly that's always been the case.

Spot on Fevrover. I had a great example other week as I came to end of PO road. A bloke asked how they gone on and who were they playing. Fortunately i was in a good mood and said buy a F****** paper in morning.. This has always happened going back donkeys years from when you could park near the church and cenotaph.

1 hour ago, wasginger said:

Spot on Fevrover. I had a great example other week as I came to end of PO road. A bloke asked how they gone on and who were they playing. Fortunately i was in a good mood and said buy a F****** paper in morning.. This has always happened going back donkeys years from when you could park near the church and cenotaph.

Yeah i get that walking home and say go to the game and you'd know.

On 27/06/2021 at 08:38, Fev1983 said:

I get it from both sides, I no the players will want to win their medals at Wembley, without sounding disrespectful or ungrateful we have only won 2 games to get to Wembley, I really want to see us play in SL and believe we deserve it this year,  I do believe the Toulouse game will have a bigger impact in the long run than an rfl sideshow, just my opinion, that’s not to say we won’t all enjoy a day in london. UTR

We won 3 games, not two, to get to Wembley. Bradford and Batley in the Challenge Cup and then Widnes in the 1895 Cup Semi-Final.

On 27/06/2021 at 18:08, Fevrover said:

5000 would be brilliant but it won't happen ,Toulouse won't bring any and sadly the people of Featherstone just aren't interested enough to get that many. PLENTY going to Wembley but not going to home games, sadly that's always been the case.

Don't forget we once had over 17,000 at PO Road. 

Archived