Monte Gaddis - An(American) dream in the making.

We moan about no stars, no personalities, no stories. 

Ex Cleveland Brown player Monte Gaddis is now playing his trade with the Cleveland Rugby League team. He had been begging to get reselected to play for the Browns but to no avail. Hooks up with the Cleveland RL team and is loving it. There's a mammoth tackle he does on Twitter at the moment. Get him in papers peeps.

#montegaddis

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Monte's very active on Twitter, so it's easy to keep up with what he's been doing, for his club and for the game as a whole.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Eddie said:

I’ve listened to him on a few podcasts, he’s a very enthusiastic and dedicated chap, we could do with more like him in the game. 

Exactly. There's a story there that can make the papers. Be good if some clubs gave him and others in the League some trials post covid.

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Ex Cleveland Brown player Monte Gaddis is now playing his trade with the Cleveland Rugby League team. He had been begging to get reselected to play for the Browns but to no avail. Hooks up with the Cleveland RL team and is loving it. There's a mammoth tackle he does on Twitter at the moment. Get him in papers peeps.

#montegaddis

I am a huge fan of Monte and everything he has done for RL in America, but this is misinformation at its finest. He did NOT play for the Cleveland Browns.

His story is impressive enough without having to add extra spice.

1 hour ago, langpark said:

I am a huge fan of Monte and everything he has done for RL in America, but this is misinformation at its finest. He did NOT play for the Cleveland Browns.

He was in the draft but wasn’t picked, and even got an article in the Yorkshire Post two days ago https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/from-shaw-cross-to-cleveland-usa-how-monte-gaddis-is-spreading-the-rugby-league-gospel-stateside-3330037

2 hours ago, langpark said:

O ok pre tell. I  thought he had trials at least.

3 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

O ok pre tell. I  thought he had trials at least.

He did, he insisted on a trial and got one, but wasn’t successful. I assume there are some amazing sportsmen who don’t make it in the NFL though. 

Archived