5 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Isn't this just great news? The genie is finally out of the bottle. 

If something comes of this, it could give Morocco RL a boost just by being a local rival.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Absolutely nothing to see here people.  Did you actually read the description of their twitter page?

Algeria RL is the governing body for rugby league in Algeria. It does not yet exist; held in trust. AlgeriaRL@yahoo.com. Support our shopping link

Steve Mascord has made twitter accounts for 30-odd nations (where RL does not yet exist) and put this same title on every one of them.  If you go his "afghanistan" RL account, you will see he is even selling merch.  Of a non-existent entity.  Quite bizarre really.

22 hours ago, langpark said:

Absolutely nothing to see here people.  Did you actually read the description of their twitter page?

Algeria RL is the governing body for rugby league in Algeria. It does not yet exist; held in trust. AlgeriaRL@yahoo.com. Support our shopping link

Steve Mascord has made twitter accounts for 30-odd nations (where RL does not yet exist) and put this same title on every one of them.  If you go his "afghanistan" RL account, you will see he is even selling merch.  Of a non-existent entity.  Quite bizarre really.

How very Mascord 

10 hours ago, steavis said:

And six countries have taken up the sport - or returned to the sport - since I set up the accounts. I hand over all the  assets and walk away. Algeria will get a logo, a jersey design and about 1000 followers when they start. 

What is your response to the person who has commented saying they are 5 years into setting up a real federation and your account is jeopardising that? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/10/2021 at 09:23, Sammo said:

What is your response to the person who has commented saying they are 5 years into setting up a real federation and your account is jeopardising that? 

I immediately hand over all assets to them to close down or continue with - which I did with algeria. I gave them everything and I don't go anywhere near it. 

On 17/10/2021 at 09:23, Sammo said:

I immediately hand over all assets to them to close down or continue with - which I did with algeria. I gave them everything and I don't go anywhere near it. At any stage when someone contacts me with credible information that they are starting the game, I hand over everything to them. If a website is built I continue paying for the hosting and I expect no involvement at all.

The person concerned is called Mourad Dembi. He now has complete control of the Twitter and Facebook accounts and can shut them down any time he wants. So far, he has chosen not to. We got a message the other day on the FB page which I referred straight to him. I have absolutely no further involvement. 

Archived