Crazy situation with Hull rental costs

In Pearson's defence it should be noted the Stadium Managent Company did not lose money under his tenure.When the Allams got control of the football club and the SMC they ran it under an umbrella company and since it has been pretty much impossible to follow the finances of the SMC except they have contrived to lose several million pound on it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, super major said:

In Pearson's defence it should be noted the Stadium Managent Company did not lose money under his tenure.When the Allams got control of the football club and the SMC they ran it under an umbrella company and since it has been pretty much impossible to follow the finances of the SMC except they have contrived to lose several million pound on it

Looking at the link I posted it seems the council only get a cut of net profits. Therefore as the same people have control of both Hull City and the SMC its not really in their interests for the SMC to make money.

7 hours ago, The storm said:

Or re locate to gateshead

😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Thundersharks return to their original home, what could be more perfect? Ideal solution 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

13 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

As has already been stated, Adam Pearson inherited the situation that Hull FC find themselves in. The fault lies with the fly by nights that were in charge of Hull FC when the Stadium was built. If I remember correctly, both Hull City and Hull FC were offered joint ownership of the 25 year lease of the SMC that runs the stadium. The cost to both clubs was £50,000. Hull City took it on, the Hull FC fly by nights didn't fancy paying up what now seems a rather paltry sum for a 25 year lease. Whether Hull City then paid £100,000 to own the lease I don't know but it was an absolute snip and has allowed whoever owns the football club to walk all over the rugby league club, the Council and the good people of Hull as well.

You can tell by some of the earlier contributions to this thread, what damage has been done by that decision. 

"Another club a prisoner of a football stadium"

"Same with any team that shares a football stadium" 

The KC or MKM Stadium was not built as a football stadium, it was built for the City of Hull as a Community Stadium to host both Hull City and Hull FC as well as music concerts and any other events that would be suitable and draw decent crowds. Hull City Council shot themselves in the foot by allowing the Football owners to also have full control over what happens at the Stadium. They should have arranged for the SMC to be an independent body who's interests should be to maximise the income and usage of the stadium to benefit the City of Hull. Instead they've allowed a succession of owners to use it for the best interests of Hull City Football Club and ###### everyone else. Some years back I thought Paul Duffen was the worst thing to happen to the SMC but I wasn't prepared for the petulant and pathetic Allam family.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 25 year lease ends in 6 years time.

Goodness what a pile of drivel. Once upon a time the 'football owners' were headed by no other than Adam Pearson...he sold out for profit.

17 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Goodness what a pile of drivel. Once upon a time the 'football owners' were headed by no other than Adam Pearson...he sold out for profit.

And now he does nothing but complain 

Pearson is not really that good 

26 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

If you'd care to highlight which bits are factually incorrect then I'd be happy to check them.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

It's not what was incorrect it's the bits you left out for convenience.

So you're still suggesting what I posted was incorrect?

And I left nothing out for convenience. I'm well aware that Adam Pearson was heavily involved with Hull City at some point and I assume he was in charge of the SMC but he didn't write the contract or create the future problems Hull FC and anyone who'd like to use the stadium are experiencing.

That is and always will be Hull City Council. By not seeing how things could obviously go wrong, they handed a carte blanche contract to whoever Hull City's owners are at any one time to use the stadium to their own benefit.

And from Paul Duffen's declaration that no more live concerts would be held at the stadium for fear it would damage "their" pitch to his comment on a live Hull City forum on Radio Blunderside that Rugby League fans can't read, it's very clear that the power of running the SMC without worry of the Stadium owners being able to do anything about it has gone straight to the Football club's owners' heads.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So you're still suggesting what I posted was incorrect?

And I left nothing out for convenience. I'm well aware that Adam Pearson was heavily involved with Hull City at some point and I assume he was in charge of the SMC but he didn't write the contract or create the future problems Hull FC and anyone who'd like to use the stadium are experiencing.

That is and always will be Hull City Council. By not seeing how things could obviously go wrong, they handed a carte blanche contract to whoever Hull City's owners are at any one time to use the stadium to their own benefit.

And from Paul Duffen's declaration that no more live concerts would be held at the stadium for fear it would damage "their" pitch to his comment on a live Hull City forum on Radio Blunderside that Rugby League fans can't read, it's very clear that the power of running the SMC without worry of the Stadium owners being able to do anything about it has gone straight to the Football club's owners' heads.

I thought you summarised very well how we've got to where we are but if Dimmest Star can enlighten us further I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived