Refereeing (Multiple Merged Threads)

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I don't agree with Tubby's take on refereeing standards but he gave an example when asked. 

No he didn’t. His claim was a lack of consistency compared to previous seasons. He vaguely mentioned 3 possible incidents in 1 game from this season. This was only after being asked for something to support his claim. The way it was posted and you seem to agree was another “pop” at Match Officials which was at best unfounded in any reality 

As an aside at least 1 of the incidents involved the marker touching the ball - it was mentioned on commentary hence why I recall it - knocking the dummy half’s arm isn’t a knock on

If someone is going to make such a wild and vague claim then they should at least try to back it up 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I don't agree with Tubby's take on refereeing standards but he gave an example when asked. 

Thanks Archie, we don't have to agree, but it's a discussion, not an argument.  Sometimes, it's like being in a Monty Python sketch on here...

I don’t bother with Facemuck and the other stuff but may brother showed me the comments from some fans on that site about how biased officials are. But it doesn’t end there either the Super League Show is also biased, ive not a clue why though. I don’t know how the game can get through to some people that the game is not rigged. Or are the people who think that the game is rigged against their club or the side they want to win, will never change their views. 

6 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I don’t bother with Facemuck and the other stuff but may brother showed me the comments from some fans on that site about how biased officials are. But it doesn’t end there either the Super League Show is also biased, ive not a clue why though. I don’t know how the game can get through to some people that the game is not rigged. Or are the people who think that the game is rigged against their club or the side they want to win, will never change their views. 

I think you’re right, there are people at most, if not all, clubs who truly believe the RFL is against them. But some people just think referees make mistakes, some officials more than others. To err is human. 

16 minutes ago, Josef K said:

That’ll be the same people who claim that the RFL couldn’t run a bath but can run a scheme which ensures that certain clubs win and others don’t. 

There is also a strong correlation with people who think the earth is flat.

Interestingly these same “fans” don’t blame their own players who make many more mistakes than the Match Officials

What are the chances of a French referee in SL? I believe they are short of officials over there but if one can be found that has the potential who could be trained, would it be worth the effort and cost to do so? They could do all the French games and perhaps some in England too.  

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived