Whitehaven (A)

Wakefield Ram

What a disappointment! We should of had another W under our belts this weekend, and last weekend. I think it’s time some serious talks to be had with the back of house staff. You can’t knock the lads on the field those are the ones who work day jobs then still put their bodies on the line on a weekend. Think fans forget they’re teams in championship which are full time. I take my hat off to anybody willing to put a shirt on, after a weeks work of hard graft.

But from what I hear training is pointless! Same drill’s, no fun, no smiles the lads are fed up. But the training side of things surely down to coaching staff, No? If the lads aren’t happy and dont have a good team morale in training then how can they on a weekend? Doesn’t give them that boost to go out there and practise what you’ve preach. Perhaps a new coach would be the better option! Time to shake things up and change; otherwise it’s just going to be dreadful for the boys and they’ll end up being the whipping boys. And it’s embarrassing! 

And all this business slating the new comers by fans isn’t good either from what I’ve read online. You can’t slate the new recruitments - simply don’t have the money for the recruitment like other teams have been able to do. So you work with what your given,  in my opinion we’ve already got dead wood at the club on wages which needs re-looking at then maybe we would have the budget for a decent recruitment. 

From what I see of those new comers which do actually get the chance to play, are great! Beharell plays really well, just not enough around him run off of him. I’m afraid to say.. perhaps it’s the players we already have aren’t no longer up to scratch. To many old ways, to many old voices on the pitch and sticking to old ways like driving down the middle. That doesn’t work!! Play an expansive game, give freedom to the halves to play how they wish. (Referring back to my previous post if the coach had watched previous games by Beharell he’d realise Ryder and Gabriel played on Matty’s side and they killed it at keighley - and without sounding harsh Gabriel hasn’t had the best of games so why not capitalise on that and put them together to strengthen that side). It’s about knowledge of the players you have and utilising there strengths and what’s best for the team. Which the coach clearly lacks in. And what’s going on with Sweeting? Why recruit another halfback and not play him? Granted injuries haven’t help at the moment, hence the duel reg players having to play but it makes it difficult for our current players to gel I feel. 

Somethings got to give otherwise the clubs only going to end up in L1. And that’s what none of us want. 

Rant over! 👍

1 hour ago, John_Don said:

What a disappointment! We should of had another W under our belts this weekend, and last weekend. I think it’s time some serious talks to be had with the back of house staff. You can’t knock the lads on the field those are the ones who work day jobs then still put their bodies on the line on a weekend. Think fans forget they’re teams in championship which are full time. I take my hat off to anybody willing to put a shirt on, after a weeks work of hard graft.

But from what I hear training is pointless! Same drill’s, no fun, no smiles the lads are fed up. But the training side of things surely down to coaching staff, No? If the lads aren’t happy and dont have a good team morale in training then how can they on a weekend? Doesn’t give them that boost to go out there and practise what you’ve preach. Perhaps a new coach would be the better option! Time to shake things up and change; otherwise it’s just going to be dreadful for the boys and they’ll end up being the whipping boys. And it’s embarrassing! 

And all this business slating the new comers by fans isn’t good either from what I’ve read online. You can’t slate the new recruitments - simply don’t have the money for the recruitment like other teams have been able to do. So you work with what your given,  in my opinion we’ve already got dead wood at the club on wages which needs re-looking at then maybe we would have the budget for a decent recruitment. 

From what I see of those new comers which do actually get the chance to play, are great! Beharell plays really well, just not enough around him run off of him. I’m afraid to say.. perhaps it’s the players we already have aren’t no longer up to scratch. To many old ways, to many old voices on the pitch and sticking to old ways like driving down the middle. That doesn’t work!! Play an expansive game, give freedom to the halves to play how they wish. (Referring back to my previous post if the coach had watched previous games by Beharell he’d realise Ryder and Gabriel played on Matty’s side and they killed it at keighley - and without sounding harsh Gabriel hasn’t had the best of games so why not capitalise on that and put them together to strengthen that side). It’s about knowledge of the players you have and utilising there strengths and what’s best for the team. Which the coach clearly lacks in. And what’s going on with Sweeting? Why recruit another halfback and not play him? Granted injuries haven’t help at the moment, hence the duel reg players having to play but it makes it difficult for our current players to gel I feel. 

Somethings got to give otherwise the clubs only going to end up in L1. And that’s what none of us want. 

Rant over! 👍

Interesting comment about no smiles. When we beat Sheffield listened to LG on the radio and he made a comment along the lines of he doesn't smile much even when we win. 

That we were leading at HT with a much changed team shows we can't be that bad. I called for LG to go last season and I think he needs to go now. 

1 hour ago, John_Don said:

Rant over! 👍

Congratulations you've found your new coach!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Another pretty disappointing result,again numerous changes and yet the same performance and result. 
i said before the game that all this chopping and changing just causes disruption. what you gain in bringing in DR players you lose in team morale,also add in trying to fit in a 40 year old who doesn’t know wether he’s retired or not just causes confusion. 
The players confidence looks absolutely shot! they need some continuity and a coach that will back them especially the younger players who yes they will make mistakes but they need to be allowed to make those errors without fear of losing there shirts every time they do otherwise they will just go in to there shell. 

Having just watched the highlights, we were even worse than I thought when listening to the radio commentary. Our defence was shocking near the line. It could be considered though, that a couple of Whitehaven’s tries were the results of forward passes, but the result would have been the same even if they had they been disallowed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bvknmi2CM3A&feature=share

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Having just watched the highlights, we were even worse than I thought when listening to the radio commentary. Our defence was shocking near the line. It could be considered though, that a couple of Whitehaven’s tries were the results of forward passes, but the result would have been the same even if they had they been disallowed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bvknmi2CM3A&feature=share

That is not pleasant watching!

Not sure where we go from here, chopping & changing the team doesn't help......however, a change in the management looks like a necessity at the moment.

Trouble is, who can we afford, and who would want the position?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jarce said:

That is not pleasant watching!

Not sure where we go from here, chopping & changing the team doesn't help......however, a change in the management looks like a necessity at the moment.

Trouble is, who can we afford, and who would want the position?

Think plenty of coaches would appreciate a gteed 2-3 years in the job and a Chairman who leaves you to get on with it.

Just hope we get an experienced coach. Neil Kelly turned the same team round when he took over from Glen Morrison. Think we are at the "Morrison" moment now.

19 hours ago, Rambo said:

Is fitness the issue or maybe we are just ######? 

FWIW I don’t think we have a bad squad and we also have access to some good Hull KR reserves too. I think LG should be getting a better tune out of them!

Whether the Hull KR players are fully committed to the cause is another question.

Newcastle at home is a big game. If we don’t win that game then it’s maybe time to let someone else have a go.

I understand from some of the small number who actually went to the game that the HKR players were our highlight, possibly appearing more committed than some of our own.

It makes you think, doesn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I understand from some of the small number who actually went to the game that the HKR players were our highlight, possibly appearing more committed than some of our own.

Given they train full time and Richards has 100 plus games at SL, they should be better than our players.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Listening to the match, PLT sounded like he played well and will be much better in dry, fast pitches,; Milnes scored a try, running with Beharrell, but sent out a terrible pass to Dixon, who was mightily clobbered and Milnes missed the odd tackle too and didn’t bother on one occasion; I only heard Richards mentioned as he left the field of play.

I wasn’t there, so cannot confirm any of the above, but perhaps someone who did could inform us.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Given they train full time and Richards has 100 plus games at SL, they should be better than our players.

It was a question of commitment, not fitness and ability, to which I responded.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think plenty of coaches would appreciate a gteed 2-3 years in the job and a Chairman who leaves you to get on with it.

Just hope we get an experienced coach. Neil Kelly turned the same team round when he took over from Glen Morrison. Think we are at the "Morrison" moment now.

I would be interested to see a list of potential candidates for such a turnaround.

16 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would be interested to see a list of potential candidates for such a turnaround.

Lyon Pryce?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

37 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Lyon Pryce?

Related to Jamie?

Archived