Attendances,,,?

chromedome

What's happened to the Town match attendances being announced via usual sources?

It's just that I like to keep the records of Town matches, i.e. Result, Line ups, scorers and yes attendance.....it's something I've done for a while and many will notice I dive in on here with these facts when I think it necessary....

But recently it's been difficult to obtain the attendance figures.....

When Covid reared it's frightful head Town were restricted to 950 gates, but each subsequent match was attended by 942...strangely I thought.

Then we had the play off puzzlers v Keighley and Doncaster....couldn't agree with those at all - having guesstimated quite accurately down the years.

Anyway, whatever, let's hope the crowds keep gathering in healthy numbers and maybe one day, soon, I'll be able to update the missing details????

• Like 3

I also think that positive news on attendance figures can help generate extra figures through the feel good factor.

Look at what the Red's have done over the road by publishing figures they keep trying to top it and had over 1100 against Widnes and despite a defeat which is Sods law with such a big crowd in they are pushing for even more against Trafford by tying up with the Gary McKee Charity and also half price admission  for Blue light workers.

I believe they have also set up something for the visit of Warrington and all this extra income should boost the coffers and good news on crowds IMO does generate interest and help get extra people through the gate.

Wonder how much of this is down to Dave Bowden

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

A feature on Facebook tonight's lists all the championship clubs average attendances.

Town is 900 second from bottom.

We have had 7 league games but no local derby's in those

Sheffield are bottom.

Leigh, Barrow, Whitehaven and Widnes all still to visit Derwent Park. 

3 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

A feature on Facebook tonight's lists all the championship clubs average attendances.

Sheffield are bottom.

Where do they get Towns attendances from? - even League Express doesn't get them from Town these days.

14 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Sheffield are bottom.

Which Facebook? Some of these rl pages are terrible on their.

Had a quick look says this is for all league games played but isnt broke down,what I have from elsewhere for home games is thunder 1205,fev 1007,fax 819 ,eagles 779 ,bulls 1031 and nothing available for knights and batley. Not great reading but hopefully the Broncos game will get a few in with the offer on,although its only good if everyone knows about it,no doubt a big push will come,a win tomorrow would boost crowds right away

What is the point in trying to contribute to these posts,

Mr negativity dkw belittles your source without any positive contribution,

This post was on attendances and the people say they were provided full information from our club,

In my opinion unless we have better information then we have something to move on the post.

Now dkw what have you to add that will be more factual than these other muppets. 

10 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

What is the point in trying to contribute to these posts,

Mr negativity dkw belittles your source without any positive contribution,

This post was on attendances and the people say they were provided full information from our club,

In my opinion unless we have better information then we have something to move on the post.

Now dkw what have you to add that will be more factual than these other muppets. 

So I'm not allowed an opinion unless it's positive, is that how it works? They are chancers, they have been found to make stuff up. There's nowhere with the official attendances yet were meant to believe some random unknowns on a random website get it right, and just happens to beva perfect 900?

Why do i need to post something factual, I haven't claimed any numbers, nor did I need to.

Edited by dkw