NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 4

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Roosters are looking pretty handy, with four tries in the first half.

NQL 0:20 SYD

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The NRL never faiuls to entertain. As I have said in previous posts you never get a sense of where teams are until about round 8 in the seasopn and those of us without Watch NRL do not get to see everyone so make their predictions based on what they see on SKY - That's my excuse for not picking the Roosters in my very own "James Tedesco" start to the tipping season 😳

CHOOKS CLOBBER COWBOYS

Certainly you can get carried away with earlier results, without seeing too much of the Broncos I kinda though with the addition of Adam Reynolds they had ceased to be the very ordinary side of recent years. Well nothing has changed there a very ordinary team with Adam Reynolds and they made the Cowboys look good. Cowboys are a workmanlike side dependent on Valentine Holmes and Jason Taumalolo firing and the fact that even by Australian standards Townsville in the tropics is a hard place to get a result

Yet rthe Roosters did - Giggity, Giggity  (The banner that winds up St Helens fans apparently...)

The seasons "dark horse" - Cronulla Sharks - I thought that Fitz turn the Sharkies round but not thius soon, as I was denied sight of the Shire derby the next time SKY watchers can see Cronuilla is Sunday 10th v West Tigers and things are so bad in Tiger town it's not going to e trhe yardstick to judge Sharkies with.

The team in a false position - I feel filthy in saying this but its Souths, That is one side that could get on a rool this season and evertytime I see Campbell Graham I am impressed. I reply on Latrell Mitchell being Latrell and deep sixing the Wabbits at the back end of the season by doing something idiotic.

Having tipped Souths to move movve up the table I now need a shower and quick...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

51 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

The NRL never faiuls to entertain. As I have said in previous posts you never get a sense of where teams are until about round 8 in the seasopn and those of us without Watch NRL do not get to see everyone so make their predictions based on what they see on SKY - That's my excuse for not picking the Roosters in my very own "James Tedesco" start to the tipping season 😳

CHOOKS CLOBBER COWBOYS

Certainly you can get carried away with earlier results, without seeing too much of the Broncos I kinda though with the addition of Adam Reynolds they had ceased to be the very ordinary side of recent years. Well nothing has changed there a very ordinary team with Adam Reynolds and they made the Cowboys look good. Cowboys are a workmanlike side dependent on Valentine Holmes and Jason Taumalolo firing and the fact that even by Australian standards Townsville in the tropics is a hard place to get a result

Yet rthe Roosters did - Giggity, Giggity  (The banner that winds up St Helens fans apparently...)

The seasons "dark horse" - Cronulla Sharks - I thought that Fitz turn the Sharkies round but not thius soon, as I was denied sight of the Shire derby the next time SKY watchers can see Cronuilla is Sunday 10th v West Tigers and things are so bad in Tiger town it's not going to e trhe yardstick to judge Sharkies with.

The team in a false position - I feel filthy in saying this but its Souths, That is one side that could get on a rool this season and evertytime I see Campbell Graham I am impressed. I reply on Latrell Mitchell being Latrell and deep sixing the Wabbits at the back end of the season by doing something idiotic.

Having tipped Souths to move movve up the table I now need a shower and quick...

The games that aren't on Sky you can pick up highlights on You Tube and usually the full game a couple of days later.  On You tube You can also catch NRL 360 and  although not everones fav the Matty Johns  show. There is also a lot of Triple M studio decisions, and endless podcasts on NRL Supercoach and Fantasy. 

Ah the Giggity Giggity banner. This morning was the first I've seen it in awhile. Didn't seem to be the usual gentleman holding it up.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

22 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Very happy with that win and performance. Especially the first half playing into a hurricane.

Sharks are playing the sort of RL that's a pleasure to watch.

I've never warmed to them in the past, but this season is different.

I like the way Nico has fitted in so well so quickly.

I'm at the storm v dogs game . 

It's a dominant display . Papenhuyzen running a riot. 

Crowd of 11,400 I'd say , disappointing. The weather has held out so far , no rain, very overcast.  

Don't know how to attach photos to the forum . 

FULL TIME

STORM 44 - 0 BULLDOGS

Score Summary

R. Papenhuyzen 11J. King 22K. Bromwich 37R. Papenhuyzen 46R. Papenhuyzen 52X. Coates 60F. Kaufusi 62R. Papenhuyzen 68 Tries  
R. Papenhuyzen 13R. Papenhuyzen 23R. Papenhuyzen 47R. Papenhuyzen 62R. Papenhuyzen 64R. Papenhuyzen 69 Conversions

Archived