Ladies Grand Final.

Clarence Street

I see in todays League Express, the editor, Martyn Sadler, is calling for the Knights v Rhinos Grand Final to be held at the LNER Stadium in York instead of at the Totally Wicked Stadium in St. Helens. Like he says in his column, why ask both lots of supporters to travel to Lancashire instead of holding the game at the home of the highest finishing finalist as they're doing with the Championship Final. Surely they'd get a better attendance at York than they would at St. Helens. He also goes on to say he doesn't think the event is yet big enough to guarantee a big crowd at a neutral venue  that is distant from the homes of the competing clubs. 

I must say it all sounds sensible to me but this is Rugby League. That's probably the problem. It sounds sensible.

• Like 6

I doubt that the RFL, or the Broadcaster, would have expected anything other than St Helens being in the final and consequently a fair sized crowd. It is ridiculous to expect the fans of the Knights and the Rhinos to travel to Merseyside, and lets be honest, it is only their sets of supporters who will attend.

Maybe the two clubs can ask the RFL to reconsider, although like CS says, it is probably too sensible to change the venue now.

• Like 3

Common sense. Play it at the LNER. I do think that there’s a fair amount of SL bias towards the ‘Big three’ clubs. York were prevented from picking up the league the league leaders Shield immediately after beating the Rhinos. Assume it was at Wigan waiting for Saints to go through the formalities. 

Edited by White Knight

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉