WSL Grand Final: York City Knights v Leeds Rhinos - Sunday 18th September 3.30pm (Live on Sky)

As a York fan, really hoping that YCK Ladies can bring it home. Don't expect anything other than a tight game, but it's theirs to win if they execute properly. All season, nobody has been able to really nullify the York forwards, with their hard straight running and tremendous work rate, orchestrated by hooker Sinead Peach, and their ability to deny opponents field position for long periods of games.

Behind them, York will be strengthened in the final by the return of Tamzin Renouf  at Right Centre (and perhaps Ash Hyde as her wing?). The return to full fitness of winger Kelsey Gentles provides a real strike threat on the left edge, as the semi-final showed.

York have looked occasionally vunerable in dealing with kicks this year, and I think Leeds chances on Sunday depend on  HB Courtney Winfield-Hill bringing her A-Game to the final, turning the York defence, and finding open ground.

As usual, expect the x-factor to be supplied by Leeds' Fran Goldthorp and YCK's Tara Jane Stanley......

• Thanks 1

My gut feel says Leeds Rhinos will handle the pressure and come out on top and I think with the return of Emma Lumley & Shannon Lacey they will match the York forward pack.

Also something which has gone unnoticed is the return to playing of Lucy Murray who is a future international, I believe she took time away from the game earlier in the season but is back now and is quality in everything she does despite still being only 19yo

• Like 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

For all the complaints about their presentation of the men's game, Sky's build-up to this final has been exemplary.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Game back on, after a lengthy injury stoppage. Still York 0:6 Leeds.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

York get on the scoreboard, thanks to a great run by Sinead Peach.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations to Leeds, who were superb, especially Caitlin Beevers. But York will question the refereeing decision behind that second disallowed try.

The men's team are going to Old Trafford and the wheelchair team are in their final too. Could be a massive year for Leeds.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

York being robbed of a try/tried against Leeds in a knockout game. Wait a minute, I've seen this one before.

Yes it was a shocking decision. He wasn't sure whether to award the try so gave a penalty to avoid making a decision. 

The obstruction try in the first half was harsh too. 

• Like 1