RLWC 2021 Fan Forum event, Manchester 21/9/22

• clogdance changed the title to RLWC 2021 Fan Forum event, Manchester 21/9/22

6 hours ago, clogdance said:

Anyone else on here attending, really looking forward to it. It's also live on OurLeague.

• 7pm: Event starts
  • 8.30pm: Event Concludes.

Venue: Duke’s 92, Merchant Room, Level 1, 18 Castle Street, Castlefield, Manchester M3 4LZ

I got a place,  however I'm not sure why they are just offering a single ticket,  I'm hardly interested in travelling to Manchester on my own for this,  so if they'll give a plus 1 I'll be going. 

Seems a bit weird to have a fans forum for the faithful as opposed to an event where you entice the curious.

I'm just not sure who or what this is for.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Seems a bit weird to have a fans forum for the faithful as opposed to an event where you entice the curious.

I'm just not sure who or what this is for.

Fans forums are generally for existing fans I suppose aren't they? I don't think they'd be a great tool for recruiting new fans. 

I also think I read that it'll be broadcast on OurLeague. Woods hosting,  Dutton and Rimmer will be there,  as will Sculthorpe and Jodir Cunningham plus others. 

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Fans forums are generally for existing fans I suppose aren't they? I don't think they'd be a great tool for recruiting new fans. 

I also think I read that it'll be broadcast on OurLeague. Woods hosting,  Dutton and Rimmer will be there,  as will Sculthorpe and Jodir Cunningham plus others. 

How many times can you answer the question, “It’s going to be a great tournament and I’m looking forward to it?”

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

How many times can you answer the question, “It’s going to be a great tournament and I’m looking forward to it?”

Yeah,  it'll be interesting to see what they present,  because as you say it has the possibility of being very dry. There is the possibility of it being compelling,  but if a lot of focus is given to Rimmer,  it risks being a load of politicians holding answers! 

9 hours ago, clogdance said:

Anyone else on here attending, really looking forward to it. It's also live on OurLeague.

• 7pm: Event starts
  • 8.30pm: Event Concludes.

Venue: Duke’s 92, Merchant Room, Level 1, 18 Castle Street, Castlefield, Manchester M3 4LZ

That's some agenda. 

• Haha 6

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

These are ALL the details of the event in the email I received.

"Thank you for registering to attend the Rugby League World Cup 2021 Fan Forum event. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to what we hope will be a fun and interesting evening with lots of great guests from the world of rugby league.

Hosted by BBC Rugby League Correspondent, Dave Woods, the evening will feature a Q&A with RLWC2021 & RFL Chief Executives, Jon Dutton and Ralph Rimmer. You will also have the opportunity to put your questions to St Helens legend Paul Sculthorpe and England women’s international Jodie Cunningham as well as a number of other special guests.

You will also have the chance to have your photo taken with the prestigious World Cup trophies and win tickets to the tournament."

Edited by clogdance

On 17/09/2022 at 07:17, Dave T said:

I got a place,  however I'm not sure why they are just offering a single ticket,  I'm hardly interested in travelling to Manchester on my own for this,  so if they'll give a plus 1 I'll be going. 

You'll be with friends.

I was going until COVID blasted me. 

Shame as I would relish Quizzing people like Rimmer at al. 

5 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

I didn't realise this was happening. How do you get a ticket ? 

Email invite.  I have no idea why the invite was sent,  not sure whether it's about if you'd bout RLWC tickets,  or signed up for Our League or whatever. 

Either way,  it's clear you aren't important enough 🤣

• Haha 1