Jump to content

NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2022 - Commemorative Special - Results Posted; Awards Presented


NRL Round 29 Grand Final 2022 Poll   

9 members have voted

  1. 1. How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game?

    • 0 to 3 tries in total
      0
    • 4 or 5 tries
    • 6 or 7 tries
    • 8 or 9 tries
    • 10 or more tries in total
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/22 at 08:30

Recommended Posts

ByKTk9i.jpg

WELCOME...

to this our special Grand Final Tipping Competition 2022

QUESTIONS:
1. Name the WINNING TEAM ...PANTHERS or EELS 
2. Tot up the two teams predicted scores and give us your predicted match POINTS TOTAL
3. Poll question this week: How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game? 

pick one of the options above - answer in the poll above but also in your posting.

This Grand Final Competition is traditionally in memory of three special forum people

  • George Fairclough (Bourbon Rat) of this forum

George was a lifelong Wigan Fan and a Melbourne Storm fan from their inception. He lived in Melbourne but lived in Wigan until his teenage years. He married Irene, an Australian and with her raised a family of three boys. He was taken from us far too soon one week after celebrating his 65th birthday. He was a good friend of mine. George, with others, sponsored a Wigan player annually. He never forgot his roots.

.YOOjO2i.png

 George Fairclough RIP

  • Richard Glover (Kiwityke) of this forum - New Zealand Warriors and Batley Bulldogs fan. Richard was brought up in Batley where he followed his local team.  He moved to New Zealand as an adult where he married and lived the rest of his life. In the latter years he lived just outside Auckland. He never forgot his roots and continued to follow Batley from afar. He did travel to the UK once a year to visit relatives and friends. While over here he would sponsor a Batley game. In later years he  sponsored the annual Batley v Featherstone Rovers fixture and invited Barney and me to the match as his guests.
    Read the notice of Richard’s death here

Image result for Kiwityke Richard as a boy. RIP

Both dear friends and regular contributors, sadly missed.

 E6bAvdP.jpgSimon Cooper RIP

We remember too all other friends of this forum who have passed away.

NRL Grand Final 2022

vdVr1mv.png


To be played Sunday 2nd October 7:30pm local time at Accor Stadium, Sydney (9:30 am in the UK)

Tempus fugit!
It seems like only yesterday that we were starting with our Round 1 tipping competition and now here we are with our blockbusting Grand Final occasion just a few days away. 

Everyone is welcome to take part in this competition, whether you've entered before or not this season.
The 2022 season tipping competition has once again been a friendly affair.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our tipping competition this season. Your friendship and company has been much appreciated. Rest assured  it'll be run again for the 2023 season.

So here's to a great Grand Final, and may the best tipster and team win! 
Good Luck everyone - there'll be an animated award as usual.

Enjoy your Rugby League,

Graham

Edited by Graham
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Graham pinned this topic

Firstly thanks to Graham for all the work he does with the competition each year.

Secondly,  let us raise a glass to our friends above who have gone to different rooms.

Saints have won but this is not the post of a drunk fan as I don't drink but it still may make me look silly on Sunday week.

When I first came on the Australian part of the forum I had no team. After weeks of intense investigation I picked the Cronulla Sharks ( great song), and lo and behold they won the grand final that year. Sadly the hassle of purchasing from their Web site ended my love affair with them.  So I again was left without a team. This season I noticed I had a lot of Parramatta training gear and shirts in my wardrobe almost as many as Saints ones.  I like to keep fit and wear them in the gym.In the fantasy comp I named my team King Gutho' s Champions  and hopefully that was a premonition.

As I say I may look silly next sunday but for me :

6 tries,  36 points

Parramatta 24- 12 Penrith

Good luck to one and all

 

Edited by Irish Saint
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Firstly thanks to Graham for all the work he does with the competition each year.

Secondly,  let us raise a glass to our friends above who have gone to different rooms.

Saints have won but this is not the post of a drunk fan as I don't drink but it still may make me look silly on Sunday week.

When I first came on the Australian part of the forum I had no team. After weeks of intense investigation I picked the Cronulla Sharks ( great song), and lo and behold they won the grand final that year. Sadly the hassle of purchasing from their Web site ended my love affair with them.  So I again was left without a team. This season I noticed I had a lot of Parramatta training gear and shirts in my wardrobe almost as many as Saints ones.  I like to keep fit and wear them in the gym.In the fantasy comp I named my team King Gutho' s Champions  and hopefully that was a premonition.

As I say I may look silly next sunday but for me :

6 tries,  36 points

Parramatta 24- 12 Penrith

Good luck to one and all

 

Great post. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My increased interest in Australian RL started when my own club here missed out on a place in the newly formed Super League. I continue to  support my local RL club in the Championship but don’t have a  SL club I support. 

I picked Storm to follow while they still played at Olympic Park. I chose them because I happened on their fans forum, The Bai Stand, and was made welcome by the good folk on there. Some generously sent me year books and memorabilia. George Fairclough was an early contact I made in a similar way.

I enjoy seeing other clubs play, especially when they play expansive footy. So I’ve enjoyed watching Eels this season and Raiders previously, especially when they had a strong British contingent of players. I similarly enjoyed the Burgess years at Souths.

I’ve tried hard to develop the forum, and along the way I thank so many others who regularly contribute (have contributed) and have added so much interest, knowledge and enthusiasm for Aussie RL and RL more widely.

Thanks for your posts everyone.

Cheers,

Graham

As for my tip for this game… I’ll wait until I’ve given it more thought, checked our the lineups and prevaricated a bit.

 

Edited by Graham
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/09/2022 at 23:41, Graham said:

This Grand Final Competition is traditionally in memory of three special forum people

  • George Fairclough (Bourbon Rat) of this forum

George was a lifelong Wigan Fan and a Melbourne Storm fan from their inception. He lived in Melbourne but lived in Wigan until his teenage years. He married Irene, an Australian and with her raised a family of three boys. He was taken from us far too soon one week after celebrating his 65th birthday. He was a good friend of mine. George, with others, sponsored a Wigan player annually. He never forgot his roots.

.YOOjO2i.png

 George Fairclough RIP

  • Richard Glover (Kiwityke) of this forum - New Zealand Warriors and Batley Bulldogs fan. Richard was brought up in Batley where he followed his local team.  He moved to New Zealand as an adult where he married and lived the rest of his life. In the latter years he lived just outside Auckland. He never forgot his roots and continued to follow Batley from afar. He did travel to the UK once a year to visit relatives and friends. While over here he would sponsor a Batley game. In later years he  sponsored the annual Batley v Featherstone Rovers fixture and invited Barney and me to the match as his guests.
    Read the notice of Richard’s death here

Image result for Kiwityke Richard as a boy. RIP

Both dear friends and regular contributors, sadly missed.

 E6bAvdP.jpgSimon Cooper RIP

We remember too all other friends of this forum who have passed away.

Graham

R.I.P.

Edited by R L Winger
  • Like 1

St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-2022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/09/2022 at 07:40, Graham said:

My increased interest in Australian RL started when my own club here missed out on a place in the newly formed Super League. I continue to  support my local RL club in the Championship but don’t have a  SL club I support. 
 

 

You will have a team to support in Super League one day Mate, Featherston Rovers will do it and win the Championship League in the not to far distant future. 

Edited by R L Winger
  • Like 1

St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-2022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been a St George Dragons supporter since 1964 when I turned 5 years old. My step mum supported them, my dad an (Eastern Suburbs Roosters supporter) in those days worked in pubs and clubs and was not around on weekends much at all, he was always working. So the first time I watched a Sydney rugby league game was the 1964 Sydney grand final the St George Dragons Vs. Balmain Tigers, won by the Dragons 11 to 6. I watched the game with my step mum and that influenced me to support the Mighty Dragons. My younger siblings support the Sea Eagles, Roosters & Knights. While ever there is a Dragons Team wearing the Red V I will support them, begrudgingly even with the name Illawarra added to the logo.

  • Like 3

St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-2022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Panthers

34 points

6 or 7 tries

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping the Eels can break their 36 year drought by winning 24 16 (40 points in total) with 7 tries being scored in total.

I would also belatedly like to echo Irish Saints post of thanks to Graham and tonight  I will raise a glass to those we remember. I am still recovering from last Saturday, but for different reasons.

I got into Aussie footy watching on the TV in the mid 80's and was in awe of the Eels back line, having seen most of them play in the UK. They played in the same colours as my beloved Loiners, so had to be my Australian team.

Thanks to all for the competition throughout the season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winner - Paramatta Eels

Tries - 8

Points - 40

It will rain Sunday and the crowd will be mainly Eels fans. Penrith are overwhelmning favourites but this is the battle of the west with no love lost out there. If anyone has the secret sauce against the Penny Panthers it's the Ells so if anyone can the Eels can.  (That's the last of my cliche's for this season).

Quote

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
 
uPgHTMA.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi G, I haven't taken part in the  Comp. for a few seasons but I wish you all good luck this morning. 👍🤞 

I would like to remember our friends from previous Comps RIP I am sure they will be sat together somewhere looking down, waiting for kick off and discussing what will happen in the GF of 2022.

Maybe BR family will add his name to the Memorial Wall at Wigan.

Well done again on another successful season G, you keep the Comp going each season, thank you. 👏👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rugby female said:

Hi G, I haven't taken part in the  Comp. for a few seasons but I wish you all good luck this morning. 👍🤞 

I would like to remember our friends from previous Comps RIP I am sure they will be sat together somewhere looking down, waiting for kick off and discussing what will happen in the GF of 2022.

Maybe BR family will add his name to the Memorial Wall at Wigan.

Well done again on another successful season G, you keep the Comp going each season, thank you. 👏👍

Great to hear from you RF. I hope you are well and your family too. What a strange few (Covid) years we’ve had.

Your kind thoughts are appreciated. 
Take care,

Graham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a great season it has been for our forum tipping competition.

Congratulations to our overall Champion Tipster 2022 THE RED ROOSTER who was also our winner last season (2021)

Thank you to everyone who has taken part during the season, especially to those of you who have been regulars or ever-presents.

The tie breaker was needed this week.  Of our 8 top scorers (see below) it was GRAHAM who of them was the closest to the points total and it's him who is this week's Champion Tipster. Well done our other award winners.

Jw46IiV.png

The Red Rooster will receive a forum 2022 Champion Tipster image to use together with last season's winner's image that he sports in the signature section of his posts. I just have to create it.

The awards for this week will follow shortly once I've created it.

Cheers,

Graham

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very apt that you win the last week @Graham. Thanks for running a great tipping competition again this year.

  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Graham changed the title to NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2022 - Commemorative Special - Results Posted
  • Graham changed the title to NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2022 - Commemorative Special - Results Posted; Awards Presented
  • Graham unpinned this topic

WELL DONE GRAHAM & ALL OTHER MINOR WINNERS

THANK YOU YET AGAIN GRAHAM FOR RUNNING THE BEST FORUM TIPPING COMP ON THE INTERNET.CHEERS MATE. 

Edited by R L Winger
  • Thanks 1

St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-2022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...