Chris Thorman

Phil W

• 2 months later...

Really interesting interview with Chris Thorman on the Thunder youtube channel.

Particularly impressed with the bits about realigning with the fans and building a top quality youth system and academy bringing players through to the first team.

Saying all of the right things. Worth a listen. And good to hear a geordie voice in charge.

Link - 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunningRugbyRL said:

Really interesting interview with Chris Thorman on the Thunder youtube channel.

Particularly impressed with the bits about realigning with the fans and building a top quality youth system and academy bringing players through to the first team.

Saying all of the right things. Worth a listen. And good to hear a geordie voice in charge.

Link - 

Really good listen that. Me and some others met Chris a few weeks back now and felt then that he gets it. This interview reinforces that view.

To me it seems like Chris gets it and there's a genuine passion to want the club to do well. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Its all very quiet from Thorman. Not heard much since. Worried indeed. Youth players are not being brought through and places given to Hull DR. Defense is very shaky. Attacking out of ideas. Long slog to survive. Swinton will go down. Newcastle and Barrow left to fight last spot and id have money on Barrow staying up

Edited by ThunderLeague

47 minutes ago, ThunderLeague said:

Its all very quiet from Thorman. Not heard much since. Worried indeed. Youth players are not being brought through and places given to Hull DR. Defense is very shaky. Attacking out of ideas. Long slog to survive. Swinton will go down. Newcastle and Barrow left to fight last spot and id have money on Barrow staying up

He was the same at Workington in regard to the Hull KR players

On 13/04/2023 at 19:27, Wrlfc said:

What's everybody's thoughts now ?

I'm more worried about the players we have. Thorman has had to work with a restricted budget, hence the cheap options from Worky. He also has a number of players still on FT money from last year, looks like a few of these are going through the motions. Unless there is extra investment I don't see what good changing the coach will do.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 13:28, Matt H said:

I'm more worried about the players we have. Thorman has had to work with a restricted budget, hence the cheap options from Worky. He also has a number of players still on FT money from last year, looks like a few of these are going through the motions. Unless there is extra investment I don't see what good changing the coach will do.

The cheap options from Town are Mr Thorman's mates,  

• Like 1