Elite 1 Round 2

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Feedback from me to forward onto Mr Lacoste:

Minimum standards for Elite One should consist of: 

- Clearly visible and professional pitch markings with grass trimmed to appropriate level

- Elite One social media accounts created and pushing out content on Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, every club should have an account and creating content also

- Elite One match highlights of each game on Elite One You tube channel 

- All games to be produced by a single production company or the Federation and shown on an Elite One YouTube channel or a single, easily identifiable platform 

- Professional multi camera broadcast quality match day presentation of selected Elite One matches. (Better to have one or two high quality productions than 5 poorly filmed games)

- Every game broadcast must have commentary, display the score, game clock and tackle count 

- Modern advertising hoardings around the pitch 

These quick wins will make a huge difference to the credibility of the competition 

ALL on the list the key as always is cost, however we will do our best target is min of 7 matches this year Qtr Semis and Final which is doable.

Paul

• Thanks 1

Good having ten sides now though. This R2 gave us something we haven't had in a long time. Over all the losing sides averaged 18 points with the winners 26 across the board. St Gaudens who won just one game last season turning over Lezignan Champions in 2021.With Mitch Garbutt in charge turned over a HT 6-16 to win 30-20 against a side with Maloney and Baitieri on board

Toulouse Elite1 lost at home to Avignon but lost three players injured including two players who featured for France 'B' last week in Marguerite and Biscarro. The younger Miloudi - Amine featured well at full back for Avignon too.

Edited by audois
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

By the looks of things it appears that the dragons are running with a more youthful and inexperienced team these days.

Is this their stated approach these days? Having an emphasis leaning more towards the development of their younger players over results in the elite1 competition?

Yes a very young team, 

Already a couple of bad injuries, it's fine blooding a couple of young lads in an experienced team but almost all the xiii Catalan team is under 20/21, 

There's some big physical players in elite 1, it's almost dangerous, yes they want to toughen them up and find the best and to try to get them ready for super League but players safety should come into it too. 

They train every day but the props are not even 90kgs. 

It could be a very long season for them unless they get a hand from the Catalan squad players in January, the players that used to play with xiii Catalan and train/play with the super League team have almost all left, cozza, salabio, vailhan, Le cam etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Yes a very young team, 

Already a couple of bad injuries, it's fine blooding a couple of young lads in an experienced team but almost all the xiii Catalan team is under 20/21, 

There's some big physical players in elite 1, it's almost dangerous, yes they want to toughen them up and find the best and to try to get them ready for super League but players safety should come into it too. 

They train every day but the props are not even 90kgs. 

It could be a very long season for them unless they get a hand from the Catalan squad players in January, the players that used to play with xiii Catalan and train/play with the super League team have almost all left, cozza, salabio, vailhan, Le cam etc

That’s what I thought as well.

The dragons seem to have lurched too far in terms of the average age of the team makeup which you rightly say is physically dangerous for the young lads who are not yet developed and matured physically.

btw what teams are cozza. Salabio, le cam and vailhan playing for now?

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Vailhan is at Pia, cozza, salabio, are pushing for super League or championship I heard , le cam has been contacted by rugby union but hasn't decided. 

Cozza and le cam may get some offers after the world cup. 

Any chance cozza and salabio end up at Toulouse?

Le cam also?

Also if 4 French contracted squad players have left the dragons will there places be taken up by 4 new French players promoted from the elite1 reserve side or u19’s team or maybe even from other elite1 teams?

Edited by Tosh
  • Like 1

Lots going on i should have been in Paris Monday however had to do a zoom as my youngest had a seizure over the weekend (All good now though thank goodness)

* England will be a regular test every year next one looks like April in France 

* National team will be maximised to promote the game in France with as many internationals and Tests as possible

* Last 7 Elite matches Qtr/Semis and Final we aim to finally put on YouTube Final looks like being in Narbonne again which IMHO is the perfect venue,FFR are going to put a highlights package together ASAP

* World Cup exciting announcements by late  Qtr 1 next year venues etc (I have the proposed  list which is fantastic) 3 venues in consideration for the Final with one as favourite (Really thinking outside the box as well:) Don't ask please as cannot say which i am sure you will understand 

* Exciting domestic developments for season 2025 onwards as well 

Thats it for now:)

P

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Lots going on i should have been in Paris Monday however had to do a zoom as my youngest had a seizure over the weekend (All good now though thank goodness)

* England will be a regular test every year next one looks like April in France 

* National team will be maximised to promote the game in France with as many internationals and Tests as possible

* Last 7 Elite matches Qtr/Semis and Final we aim to finally put on YouTube Final looks like being in Narbonne again which IMHO is the perfect venue,FFR are going to put a highlights package together ASAP

* World Cup exciting announcements by late  Qtr 1 next year venues etc (I have the proposed  list which is fantastic) 3 venues in consideration for the Final with one as favourite (Really thinking outside the box as well:) Don't ask please as cannot say which i am sure you will understand 

* Exciting domestic developments for season 2025 onwards as well 

Thats it for now:)

P

Good stuff.

Any chance of introducing development U19 sides from cities like marseille, Montpelier and nice etc like they did with Toulon a few years back?

See that the Dragons reserve set-up is linking up with the Elite 2 Ille club just up the river. Maybe to give everybody game time.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 hours ago, audois said:

See that the Dragons reserve set-up is linking up with the Elite 2 Ille club just up the river. Maybe to give everybody game time.

Got a little too over excited reading that after mistaking “IIIe” for Lille.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I had a blast with my youngest at Baho back in early summer:)

Lovely club.

Paul

Depends if you're playing against them or not and if a fight breaks out.

Edited by barnyia
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

I do wonder if Ille would beat St Esteve or not as it stands.

Its nonsense having those underweight guys as props and it shows how small our player pool is. Those guys should not be here.

Due to COVID and the u19s teams being stopped from playing for a couple of years the elite 1 player standard pool is getting even smaller.