What are IMG's strategy for RL in Wales?

15 hours ago, Damien said:

Wales needs decent semi-professional clubs (at least) too.

Cut the wind up stuff😉 If that's an argument then you may as well say the midlands and the south of England "need" at least 10 decent semi pro clubs "too"........

Lots of RL clubs have been tried in all these regions and all failed, and this was at times when there were far more players playing the game, and more investors looking to set up clubs.

6 minutes ago, steve oates said:

Cut the wind up stuff😉 If that's an argument then you may as well say the midlands and the south of England "need" at least 10 decent semi pro clubs "too"........

Lots of RL clubs have been tried in all these regions and all failed, and this was at times when there were far more players playing the game, and more investors looking to set up clubs.

What a weird contribution, this is about Wales, the clue is in the title.

If you must insist on diverting the thread to other regions then I would also absolutely argue that the Midlands and the South need semi-professional clubs too.

22 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I agree with your last statement, although it's not strictly true. The development officers were doing it, but the initiative was killed off (finance pulled) and the game went into recession. If the initiative had been maintained we would have seen significant growth by now.

I respectfully disagree, because the funding initiative of course enabled development officers to be paid and attract people to RL and to give it a go. IIRC the numbers were quite high, but many if not all of those who gave it a go left it at that. As soon as the money went so did all the interest. Same in Coventry when scores of Rugby kids were invited to be flagbearers for an England versus.v.Aussies international. They loved it but after the game it was reported "They all went back to their Rugby union clubhouses with their dads"  that proved that kids interested in Rugby outside the M62 already had Rugby Clubs to go to with their mates.

There need to be an acceptance not that many kids at all play either code nowadays and not many kids play Soccer like they used to do. It was always the case Union had Rugby stitched up everywhere except the M62. For me the only real growth worth investing in is to grow the size of the game in places where there is an existing RL infrastructure. That is already in place at the Superleague clubs "Foundations" that were supported by SKY money, and are now at risk....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Damien said:

What a weird contribution, this is about Wales, the clue is in the title. If you must insist on diverting the thread to other regions then I would also absolutely argue that the Midlands and the South need semi-professional clubs too.

So if you "absolutely agree" Damien why the "Weird" jibe. 

Rugby Union has "Rugby" stiched up in Wales just the same as it has it stitched up in Ireland and Scotland as well so we may as well look at this problem in the round , which is that it is the exact same problem throughout Great Britain and the whole of Ireland, rather than creating four threads on it.

You must agree that if these Magicians IMG argue that Wales "Need semi pro clubs" then of course that applies to England outside the M62 and  Scotland and Ireland as well.

8 minutes ago, steve oates said:

So if you "absolutely agree" Damien why the "Weird" jibe. 

Rugby Union has "Rugby" stiched up in Wales just the same as it has it stitched up in Ireland and Scotland as well so we may as well look at this problem in the round , which is that it is the exact same problem throughout Great Britain and the whole of Ireland, rather than creating four threads on it.

You must agree that if these Magicians IMG argue that Wales "Need semi pro clubs" then of course that applies to England outside the M62 and  Scotland and Ireland as well.

Cut the wind-up stuff? Talking about other places outside the scope of what I said? Then all your normal guff about clubs trying and failing. I also didn't agree as you didn't say anything I agree with.