Leigh to charge £30 on matchdays in 2023

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Casual Leigh fans who don't have a season ticket?

So the absolute minority of the north stand.

And they can book the day before for £27 and sit for free under cover if the weather is bad.

I go in the north stand every week I’d say 90%+ easy season ticket holders.

Also worth bearing in mind this is for a team that have won just 8 regular season games in their past 45 in Super League. Fair enough 2021 they were screwed, but the club did choose to enter those circumstances.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Well yes, you can watch SL at other grounds for less

Including teams that, you know, win...

• Like 1

Just now, binosh said:

So the absolute minority of the north stand.

And they can book the day before for £27 and sit for free under cover if the weather is bad.

I go in the north stand every week I’d say 90%+ easy season ticket holders.

That's great there are ST holders there. However if only ST holders are there and the ground isn't full, its not healthy to have such a low number of casual non ST holding attendees as you state is it? 

New fans don't become regulars with season tickets overnight. They might go from being a minority in the north stand to an endangered species because of this. As I said, perhaps this is a ploy to fill the side facing the TV cameras to impress people.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Also worth bearing in mind this is for a team that have won just 8 regular season games in their past 45 in Super League. Fair enough 2021 they were screwed, but the club did choose to enter those circumstances.

Including teams that, you know, win...

Factually correct but irrelevant because by that token it’s a bargain for away fans to watch their team win.

Just now, binosh said:

Factually correct but irrelevant because by that token it’s a bargain for away fans to watch their team win.

Its objectively not a bargain when for away fans its more expensive than plenty of other grounds.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

That's great there are ST holders there. However if only ST holders are there and the ground isn't full, its not healthy to have such a low number of casual non ST holding attendees as you state is it? 

New fans don't become regulars with season tickets overnight. They might go from being a minority in the north stand to an endangered species because of this. As I said, perhaps this is a ploy to fill the side facing the TV cameras to impress people.

I’d say it’s more a ploy to get home fans and Casual fans to sign up to the bargain of the century, £25 per month for all home games.

it’s a good way to capture data aswell on an auto renewal basis.

1 minute ago, binosh said:

I’d say it’s more a ploy to get home fans and Casual fans to sign up to the bargain of the century, £25 per month for all home games.

Another marketing masterstroke by DB?

Just now, binosh said:

What is the total of that subscription?

It may well be a drive towards that, but as I said not everyone is going to go from non-follower/ casual to ST holder overnight. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Its objectively not a bargain when for away fans its more expensive than plenty of other grounds.

Well I have just checked Saints & Wigan as they have decent covered stadiums and are two of the only ones with pricing displayed and Leigh is the same of not slightly cheaper.

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

OK, it's just from my perspective we did this at Widnes 10 years ago and dropped it because it becomes impossible to administrate when people cancel over the off season. If you impose a 12 month term you're just doing what pretty much every team offers for season tickets which is just installments.

Edited by DI Keith Fowler
  • Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, binosh said:

Well I have just checked Saints & Wigan as they have decent covered stadiums and are two of the only ones with pricing displayed and Leigh is the same of not slightly cheaper.

Wigan don't have standing terraces, Saints is definitely not £30 to stand behind the sticks, oh, and they're both really successful teams with large latent fanbases.

Edit: what did you check for St Helens? Every single ticket category bar 1 is less than £30, most significantly so, and the one that is more is £30.50...

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Wigan don't have standing terraces, Saints is definitely not £30 to stand behind the sticks, oh, and they're both really successful teams with large latent fanbases.

Edit: what did you check for St Helens? Every single ticket category bar 1 is less than £30, most significantly so, and the one that is more is £30.50...

We have already established its £27 booked in advance by 24 hours. 

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The side facing the TV camera's is around 60% full in the Championship , so will be close to full in SL 

And ATEOTD why do you care ? 

Just now, binosh said:

We have already established its £27 booked in advance by 24 hours. 

That isn’t a Leigh only thing, lots of clubs offer discounts for booking in advance. If you compare like for like Leigh is more expensive than several clubs 

• Like 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

The side facing the TV camera's is around 60% full in the Championship , so will be close to full in SL 

And ATEOTD why do you care ? 

Because its a forum and its a discussion. I know you struggle with both concepts occasionally.

Just now, Spidey said:

That isn’t a Leigh only thing, lots of clubs offer discounts for booking in advance. If you compare like for like Leigh is more expensive than several clubs 

Standing at Headingley (Western Terrace, Eastern Terrace, South Stand Terrace) is £24 and £27 on the day iirc. This was only increased a few years ago from £19 and £22 otd.