Leigh to charge £30 on matchdays in 2023

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

What is the total of that subscription?

It may well be a drive towards that, but as I said not everyone is going to go from non-follower/ casual to ST holder overnight. 

Not everyone no 

So ?

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Gold price is halfway line at Saints £30.50, halfway at Leigh £27 free parking.

As I've said, seating it very reasonable price, perhaps even a bit too cheap some may argue for those premium centre seats! 

Standing (on an end too) its a ridiculous price.

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

Gold price is halfway line at Saints £30.50, halfway at Leigh £27 free parking.

There could be a train station at the LSV and you lot would complain Derek isn’t giving free Wi-Fi on the train. 👀

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Well I suppose they have to make up for well know public transport decisions going against them.

So your not ' discussing ' anything , you're just trolling 

No dummy spitting , quite calm , looking forward to playing Salford to start the season at the LSV and have booked to visit Catalans first away game 

Our price's are our price's , our fans can choose to come or not , just as away fans can 

Have a nice night , now off sweet and lovely person 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

As I've said, seating it very reasonable price, perhaps even a bit too cheap some may argue for those premium centre seats! 

Standing (on an end too) its a ridiculous price.

The North stand used to be slightly cheaper, however after some complaints from away fans about prices a year ago they dropped everything else and made it a flat fee. The flat price isn't going to put off any home fans from going in the North, its where all the atmosphere is generated and in 2017 was sold out most weeks and it will have a similar proportion of demand this year. Also, responding to another post you made about which stands will be open, all 4 stands will be open for pretty much every game next season barring probably the catalans game(away fans will be in the south stand). For the first year since the LSV opened, the club has been selling season tickets in the North end of the East stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Is there any reason why there are so many Leigh threads in the General forum?

Why not put them in the "Leigh" section of the forum? 

They aren't being started by Leigh fans, but worry not - another 2/3 pages and this will descend into the usual bickering before being binned off by the mods like the last 3 threads. 

4 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Is there any reason why there are so many Leigh threads in the General forum?

Why not put them in the "Leigh" section of the forum? 

Direct your complaints to the people who start them , or drift threads towards criticism of Leigh for no good reason other than to troll 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

So your not ' discussing ' anything , you're just trolling 

No dummy spitting , quite calm , looking forward to playing Salford to start the season at the LSV and have booked to visit Catalans first away game 

Our price's are our price's , our fans can choose to come or not , just as away fans can 

Have a nice night , now off sweet and lovely person 

I was discussing. I just know you don't like discussing things with repeated monosyllabic curt replies that offer nothing to the discussion. 

@binosh and I are having a frank debate with clearly differing points of view, and it is interesting to understand the rationale of others; I think we have both gained at least some knowledge from our discussion. Much better than "thats it, don't care if you don't like it, don't know why you're talking about it, its not a problem go away", to paraphrase...

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I was discussing. I just know you don't like discussing things with repeated monosyllabic curt replies that offer nothing to the discussion. 

@binosh and I are having a frank debate with clearly differing points of view, and it is interesting to understand the rationale of others; I think we have both gained at least some knowledge from our discussion. Much better than "thats it, don't care if you don't like it, don't know why you're talking about it, its not a problem go away", to paraphrase...

Troll

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The North stand used to be slightly cheaper, however after some complaints from away fans about prices a year ago they dropped everything else and made it a flat fee. The flat price isn't going to put off any home fans from going in the North, its where all the atmosphere is generated and in 2017 was sold out most weeks and it will have a similar proportion of demand this year. Also, responding to another post you made about which stands will be open, all 4 stands will be open for pretty much every game next season barring probably the catalans game(away fans will be in the south stand). For the first year since the LSV opened, the club has been selling season tickets in the North end of the East stand.

Excellent to hear that there are going to be blocks open in the east stand! That is a great sign hopefully it remains open for many years to come.

As binosh said perhaps this is aimed at encouraging people to take up the monthly ticket scheme. I'm not convinced of its efficacy personally in what it is trying to achieve in that respect, but that wouldn't be the first thing in the past few weeks that have come out of Leigh HQ to have seemed a little odd on first reading. Season tickets are a big commitment, especially at the moment; I'm not sure if they are worth going this strongly for. As I said earlier also, this does somewhat devalue the seated side stand seats.

Away fan groups always want the cheapest prices, that is their prerogative. Its a quirk of the LSV to have away fans in a seated stand rather than a terrace (for a non-all seater stadium) which does make it slightly awkward price wise I understand.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Excellent to hear that there are going to be blocks open in the east stand! That is a great sign hopefully it remains open for many years to come.

As binosh said perhaps this is aimed at encouraging people to take up the monthly ticket scheme. I'm not convinced of its efficacy personally in what it is trying to achieve in that respect, but that wouldn't be the first thing in the past few weeks that have come out of Leigh HQ to have seemed a little odd on first reading. Season tickets are a big commitment, especially at the moment; I'm not sure if they are worth going this strongly for. As I said earlier also, this does somewhat devalue the seated side stand seats.

Away fan groups always want the cheapest prices, that is their prerogative. Its a quirk of the LSV to have away fans in a seated stand rather than a terrace (for a non-all seater stadium) which does make it slightly awkward price wise I understand.

Or maybe it's just common sense and simplicity rather than messing about with a quid here or a quid there 

Maybe it's what other clubs should do , maybe it's what the RLWC should have done 

Right that's it John , lock it we're done