Leigh to charge £30 on matchdays in 2023

6 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

‘Ow much? Tha won’t get many from Yawksher at those prices.

Likely won't be getting many from anywhere (including Leigh). £30 to stand on matchdays is silly, have they been taking pricing lessons from the WC organisers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Likely won't be getting many from anywhere (including Leigh). £30 to stand on matchdays is silly, have they been taking pricing lessons from the WC organisers?

So what price does it need to be to entice you to come Tommy ? 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So what price does it need to be to entice you to come Tommy ? 

I'm nowhere the target audience, but to compare with Headingley, to stand, either at the end or in the South Stand Terrace, you're talking £24-27 (goes up £3 on the day).

A £30 flat fee to me suggests wanting to push people who aren't season ticket holders into the seated sections of the ground as they are "better value".

What was the prices last season, and the last seasons in SL?

4 minutes ago, Andrewj said:

£27 If you pay in advance..not hard to do online purchases!!

Andrew , don't worry about it , just another have a go at Leigh thread , the price is the price , pay it if you want , or don't as the case may be 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm nowhere the target audience, but to compare with Headingley, to stand, either at the end or in the South Stand Terrace, you're talking £24-27 (goes up £3 on the day).

A £30 flat fee to me suggests wanting to push people who aren't season ticket holders into the seated sections of the ground as they are "better value".

What was the prices last season, and the last seasons in SL?

No idea , don't care , every club is free to set their pricing 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And everyone is free to have an opinion on it.

So you weren't coming anyway , sounds about right , very poor support from Leeds back in 2017 , don't expect any difference next year 

£30 to stand on the terraces and watch a game of rugby league is way too much but I suppose they have overheads to cover and reckon that is the lowest feasible price they can get away with.

All sport is overpriced these days - they want £15 to watch Chester FC and they are in the 6th tier of football!

The most I've ever paid for a sporting event was £65 to see the Cubs v the White Sox. I only paid that because it was a one-off event that was never likely to happen again (to me that is)!

Edited by hw88
missed something out

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you weren't coming anyway , sounds about right , very poor support from Leeds back in 2017 , don't expect any difference next year 

How did you decide that from what I put, I literally said nothing about it and your previous "reply" made no reference to it.

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Doesn't mean you have to sit in it. Most of our fans are leaving with half hour to go anyway these days so you don't get your money's worth. 

True of course, but you have the option.

This is set to be the most expensive standing terrace in Super League, that isn't normal.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

True of course, but you have the option.

This is set to be the most expensive standing terrace in Super League, that isn't normal.

Somebody has to have the most expensive , but only open to Leigh fans , at least we get a roof 😉