Samoa Taking rugby league to the world

26 minutes ago, tommyace said:

Next step a big game in the states Tonga vs Samoa . 

Possible venues - 

RIce Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City  51K  , Home of University of Utah 

Or 

Levi Stadium in Santa Clara (Bay area) 68k. Home of the 49ers 

Or 

Allegiant stadium in Las Vegas 65k . Home of the Las Vegas Raiders 

Thoughts? 

At one time I would have said yes to this but what happens next after such a game is held in Salt Lake City, Las Vegas or California etc??

Whats the follow up and legacy going to be?

1st up for me is to get Samoa playing an actual game in Apia against either Tonga, Australia or NZ to build on their success and feel good factor of all things Samoan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

At one time I would have said yes to this but what happens next after such a game is held in Salt Lake City, Las Vegas or California etc??

Whats the follow up and legacy going to be?

1st up for me is to get Samoa playing an actual game in Apia against either Tonga, Australia or NZ to build on their success and feel good factor of all things Samoan.

I would do a 3 game series every year .  One in USA , one in NZ and one in Australia (Sydney / Brisbane / Melbourne) .

Get a solid deal , say a 5 year contract . Hopefully it becomes a yearly thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tommyace said:

I would do a 3 game series every year .  One in USA , one in NZ and one in Australia (Sydney / Brisbane / Melbourne) .

Get a solid deal , say a 5 year contract . Hopefully it becomes a yearly thing. 

Samoa v Tonga 3 test series?

• Like 1

Yeah totally agree . Can't miss up on this opportunity. 

Needs to be a 4 week window at the end of each year for internationals. 

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Whatever happens we seriously can’t let this golden opportunity slip through our hands like Wales in 1995 or England in 2013 or to a lesser extent Tonga post 2017 due to covid19.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tommyace said:

Yeah totally agree . Can't miss up on this opportunity. 

Needs to be a 4 week window at the end of each year for internationals. 

I can fully get behind something like this as long as it’s offset by an annual Apia fixture against either Fiji or png.

An annual fixture in Apia paying homage to their homeland followed by games in Australia, NZ and USA for financial reasons, bigger crowd potential and media exposure and hype etc.

Lets take SOO head on with international fixtures.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tommyace said:

Strike whilst the iron is hot . 

Tonga vs Samoa play 3 

Aust vs NZ play 3  . Winners of each series plays in a final . Possible option 

Would love that but there’s no way aussies play NZ in a 3 test series unfortunately.

I think the 6 team Oceania cup with 2 groups of 3 has the potential to be huge as long as they stick with it and build upon it every year outside of a World Cup.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Would love that but there’s no way aussies play NZ in a 3 test series unfortunately.

I think the 6 team Oceania cup with 2 groups of 3 has the potential to be huge as long as they stick with it and build upon it every year outside of a World Cup.

I agree the Oceania cup needs to be played regularly. Samoa, Tonga, PNG and Fiji will continue to progress. It will also provide some great games for TV viewers and spectators.

Add a couple of mid season internationals and the SH is pretty much covered

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I agree the Oceania cup needs to be played regularly. Samoa, Tonga, PNG and Fiji will continue to progress. It will also provide some great games for TV viewers and spectators.

Add a couple of mid season internationals and the SH is pretty much covered

Lock this in and along with the hunters, silktails and possibly another team from either png, New Caledonian or combined samoa&tonga team and the pacific will be dominated by RL within 5-10 years.

• Like 1

LX52GsQe_bigger.jpg

Already seeing the fruits of Toa Samoas labor. 2 clubs have connected today asking how to join in to play RL 13's in our competition which launched Dec 17th. Experienced players and coaches who just needed that little bit of something special to inspire them. Thank you Toa Samoa!

We`ve all been thrilled by the crowds around the world celebrating Samoa`s success at the RLWC and also with hundreds queuing up at Sydney`s airport since 3.a.m. this morning to greet them. And now we`re seeing the flow on.

Edited by The Rocket
compact.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 20/11/2022 at 17:46, tommyace said:

Next step a big game in the states Tonga vs Samoa . 

Possible venues - 

RIce Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City  51K  , Home of University of Utah 

Or 

Levi Stadium in Santa Clara (Bay area) 68k. Home of the 49ers 

Or 

Allegiant stadium in Las Vegas 65k . Home of the Las Vegas Raiders 

Thoughts? 

Too far from the M62