Rugby League NFTs

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Well , a loaf of bread is Warburton's who bought the ingredients from a farm , a car from a car manufacturer , stocks and shares are essentially a share of ownership of a company 

Who makes the bitcoins ? 

See LeytherRob's response

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

it's a decentralised digital currency. In layman's terms, you donate your computers processing power to solve complex calculations are a rewarded in bitcoin. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

See LeytherRob's response

You don't actually know , do you ? 😉

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

it's a decentralised digital currency. In layman's terms, you donate your computers processing power to solve complex calculations are a rewarded in bitcoin. 

Don't they have a computer of their own ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

You don't actually know , do you ? 😉

We do, it seems you don't understand what Rob and I are explaining. 

Bitcoin is produced by a computer calculation process (often called mining). It takes a huge amount of power to get this and there is only a finite number of Bitcoin that can be mined. These mining operations can at the major levels involve garages and warehouses full of computers and fans. Most people obviously don't do that, so they buy and sell what has already been mined. Bitcoin is quite old fashioned in how it is set up and from what I've read it isn't as easy as ethereum for example to use on a practical level, but it is long standing, well known and has that limited number which are attractive.

1 minute ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

Might happen one day. I was in Croatia last year and a major supermarket chain accepted crypto, along with quite a few bars I was in.

Its certainly becoming more attractive, especially in Eastern Europe I've noticed. The mixture of openness to new tech and a cynical view of what the government could do to your personal wealth and propery probably has been a major factor in that.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

We do, it seems you don't understand what Rob and I are explaining. 

Bitcoin is produced by a computer calculation process (often called mining). It takes a huge amount of power to get this and there is only a finite number of Bitcoin that can be mined. These mining operations can at the major levels involve garages and warehouses full of computers and fans. Most people obviously don't do that, so they buy and sell what has already been mined. Bitcoin is quite old fashioned in how it is set up and from what I've read it isn't as easy as ethereum for example to use on a practical level, but it is long standing, well known and has that limited number which are attractive.

Why is there a limited number ? , Why can't they just make some more ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Why is there a limited number ? , Why can't they just make some more ?

The guy who originally created the calculation set it up that way.

Other Cryptos use blockchains which are far more modern and used in lots of existing industries like shipping and logistics.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The guy who originally created the calculation set it up that way.

Other Cryptos use blockchains which are far more modern and used in lots of existing industries like shipping and logistics.

So does he get all the money ? 

So does he get all the money ? 

Yes. He is never out of Wetherspoons.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Or he can just do it again and call it something else ? 

They have, that's why there are hundreds of cryptocurrencies knocking around. There are 3 variants of Bitcoin, none of them have particularly impacted on the bitcoin price which is around £16-17k for 1 coin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Makes it sound extremely dodgy 

You daily hand over pieces of plastic or exchange 0s and 1s with computer systems that have zero inherent value to pay for things because everyone else agrees that is what they all want to do too.  Sounds pretty mad when you think about it. That system works only as long as people believe in it, Crypto is no different, it just doesn't have a government backing it or controlling it.

Not defending crypto here. Its ability to be used for criminal purposes is obvious and it is used for those purposes every day. 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So who gets the money you hand over ? , It has to go somewhere ? 

The person you hand it over to gets the money, I know you're being facetious but i draw the line of explaining how money works. At least the rest of this may benefit others

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So who gets the money you hand over ? , It has to go somewhere ? 

As has been explained, the people who use masses of computer systems to mine bitcoin sell it themselves, or existing bitcoin is traded on the open market as a currency.

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Bonkers 

I would never buy Bitcoin or any Crypto.  The upside is there but it could just as easily evaporate into nothing.  Especially as more and more emerge to dilute the space.

But it is not any more bonkers than putting value into shiny metal that you get from the ground... it is just that centuries of international commerce has been based on that one.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris