v Crusaders.

RLDB

Typical first game of pre season. Disjointed with all the interchanges but will have no doubt blown some cobwebs away. The pack looks strong and that was without Stack, Iaria and Brooks. Archer and Corkill had good solid debuts. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately couldn’t make the game today due to work. Looks like the new recruits had a reasonably good game and scored some tries. Pre season games are always hard to judge with all the subs but North wales are a good team so we did well to put 50 past them.  Now onto Workington next week ! 

I'm all for giving a runout to as many players as possible in these games and trying out different combinations but I am struggling to think of a scenario where we'd want to have Shane Toal at fullback with Brett Carter out on the wing 😀

Edited by Dave W

Enjoyed our day out in Barrow especially when we went 22- 24 up! I thought we had a decent 20/25 minute spell but Barrow were always going to win the game. I was impressed with your #28; he created a lot of space and engineered overlaps in our defence. The winger, Rio Corkill, had a good game too and his breakaway try was the start of Barrow piling on the points....our sin bin didn't help either.

Thanks for the hospitality, the banter and making us welcome. Best wishes for the season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2