Match Thread - Swinton Lions Round 2

Keep The Faith

outplayed by a younger side 

we lacked leadership and pace and composure 

Woods had his hand in every try yesterday… Buchanan Flynn Walshaw and Reilly Leak never stopped trying but wasn’t followed by the rest of them 

hopefully as a player said after it’s a kick up the bum and knocked us down a peg following last year also who was captain yesterday without brown? We missed him again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

outplayed by a younger side 

we lacked leadership and pace and composure 

Woods had his hand in every try yesterday… Buchanan Flynn Walshaw and Reilly Leak never stopped trying but wasn’t followed by the rest of them 

hopefully as a player said after it’s a kick up the bum and knocked us down a peg following last year also who was captain yesterday without brown? We missed him again 

thought Leaky was vice captain

2 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Said before we kicked a ball poor recruitment heavy with fowards light on backs and with senior out now Hodgson out were left with walshaw at centre greg Johnson looks nothing like the one I saw at Salford he looked out of shape and not really much use either tbh

We will have kear Morton and McGowan all back on Friday speaking to a few players yesterday they’ve put it down to attitude of just expecting to turn up and win 

I think also everyone within the league has bought the little underdog card from us and we’ve made ourselves a cup final 

• Like 1

One out of 3 with real speed just hope we turn up and put this result behind us or were in for a roller coaster type season hopefully more highs than lows . I won't say these lads don't work hard to get the results but are we now at point were there age and bodies arnt what they were . I hope they can have a good season as they deserve it but we will be needing a rebuild next year .

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

not bad hopefully we get 2k next home game vs Keighley 

Hopefully - the Swinton gate seems about right to me. It was certainly an improvement on usual matches against them. Hopefully we can get into a winning routine to pick up some momentum and encourage people to keep coming back.

• Like 1