Match thread: Championship Round 10: Featherstone v Sheffield. Sunday 7th May 2023.

marklaspalmas

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Well i really hope Mr Aston AND his Son watch the game again especially the bit when Junior Aston RUNS in on Lacans after he's kicked the ball. How on earth the ref and or touch judges missed i will never know. He wants banning.

Looking at the game again and Aston could have received 2 red cards for premeditated late hits - obviously the ones involving Lacans and Aekins - which started the scuffle and led to 3 yellows .  Problem with that incident is that Deans involvement doesn't look good.

I had to go back and check this via the replay but did anyone notice the tactical change we made in the second half? After they scored the try to take the lead 16-10 one of our trainers came onto the field at the kick off and seemed to pass on a message and after the next stoppage Dean and Lacans swapped sides. My guess is that the coaching staff were concerned about players on our right edge defence (notably Dean, but others too) rushing out of the defensive line so that is probably why they made that change, though I'm not sure.

The try we conceded late was on the left hand side of the field , when Dean was in the sin bin.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, POR said:

From tthe Eagles website Referee Tom Grant may not be on the Eagles’ Christmas card list:kolobok_grin:

A decent write up I thought.

Match reports may look easy to do, but they're not. Check out the Rovers' website:

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/match-report-rovers-28-20-sheffield-7s0Zz/

It may look like effortless penmanship, but it takes time. 😉

8 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A decent write up I thought.

True M but why mention the REF and a christmas card  

anyone would think  they only lost because of him

Edited by POR

13 minutes ago, POR said:

True M but why mention the REF and a christmas card  

anyone would think  they only lost because of him

That's not how I read it at all, just a gentle play on words christmas cards/yellow cards.

In general I think fans who pay their money and turn up are entitled to their views (within reason).

I find ref-bashing boring, but that's me. There's good & bad, and they make less or more mistakes. I severely doubt any of them are, or ever have been, "bent".

In terms of club officials, I'd rather be a fan of a club whose coach/ceo/etc act with a bit more decorum than Tubby.

But again, that's just me.

• Like 2

Aston got a 1-match ban for his late hit on Lacans. Interesting that the ref referred it himself rather than us citing it which suggests he realised he had made a mistake.

£125 fine for Halahifi for his sin bin offence.

JSL cited 3 times for separate incidents but no further action.

No further action for Riley Dean or anyone else on our team.

Time to move on now.

https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/docs/MRP Minutes 11 May 2023.pdf

• Like 4