London Skolars (A)

Blind side johnny

Taking a tip from Lupset Ram what are our thoughts on tomorrow's match?

We have named an interesting squad to add grist to the discussion mill.

May be a graphic of text that says "SQUAD NEWS US LONDON SKOLARS (A) 1. OWEN RESTALL 17. ELLIOT MORRIS 2. LEWIS CARR 18. BRAD GRAHAM 3. OLLIE GREENSMITH 20. JACKSON WALKER 4. DAVEY DIXON 21. CAELUM JORDAN 6. PAUL SYKES 22. JACK COVENTRY 8. JIMMY BECKETT 24. JOE SUMMERS 9. REISS BUTTERWORTH 25. TOM WILKINSON 10. DALE FERGUSON 28. LUKE LITTLEWOOD 11. CONNOR DAVIES DIR. OLIVER FARRAR 12. MATT GARSIDE 13. LOUIS COLINSON 16. GEORGE COLLINS HEADAC LIAM FINN DESBURY RAMS"

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We have a number of players injured and rested, which gives Liam an opportunity to see some of the squad in action... I also don't think he will risk Ferguson on an artificial pitch ... but we should still have enough to beat them ... looking forward to seeing what the half back combination will be!

40 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Injuries and players unavailable.

Oooooh.   Ta.  I was confused by the fact that Finny has more or less named the usual squad.  Are some of those named unavailable or injured?  Seems strange??

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Both I think. Wouldn't risk any players that are carrying any knocks. Weekend off next week before Doncaster at home then Oldham away. 

I see Sam Day is out for six weeks.  He will be missed.   

• Like 1

Following my unsuccessful team selection for the Broncos match, let’s see if this is an improvement for the trip to the Skolars:

Restall; Carr, Jordan, Greensmith, Dixon; Sykes, Littlewood; Beckett, Butterworth, Walker; Garside, Graham; Collinson

Subs: Collins, Morris, Coventry, Summers

18th man: Wilkinson, with Ferguson, Davies and D/R Farrar being omitted.

It seems we are unable to stop a side from scoring and assume this will continue on Saturday.

London Skolars 10-56 Dewsbury 

FTS: Restall

MoM: Butterworth 

Att: 168

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Following my unsuccessful team selection for the Broncos match, let’s see if this is an improvement for the trip to the Skolars:

Restall; Carr, Jordan, Greensmith, Dixon; Sykes, Littlewood; Beckett, Butterworth, Walker; Garside, Graham; Collinson

Subs: Collins, Morris, Coventry, Summers

18th man: Wilkinson, with Ferguson, Davies and D/R Farrar being omitted.

image.jpeg.6601ca7a71a14cb4527f98b3eaf81533.jpeg

My selection is pretty close. Let’s see what happens now.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

0-36 at Half Time.

We might pinch this one.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A less than impressive second half left Liam most displeased with the display as a whole. When asked which players had impressed him the most he effectively said "the ones that didn't play today".

I have no doubt that there will be a much more focussed and determined team out on the 14th.

• Like 1

Thankfully the opposition this season are awful. Barely any better than the ‘local’ teams in W Yorkshire. Finding it boring now, no competition.

But I have huge concerns about the side for next season. We shouldn’t be over excited about how good we are, they’re playing nothing.

Our forwards flatter to deceive, both the top players and the stand ins.

• Haha 1

Well we won, but I am dismayed that in the two London matches we have lost our way after half time and to cap(ital) it all the Skolars (bottom team in the league) managed to win the second half.

Listening to the interview with Liam, you could hear the displeasure in his voice and his words and if we lose concentration, focus, call it what you will, then it will manifest itself into a defeat against Doncaster.

It doesn’t matter that our opponents are “awful” as one contributor on this forum has opined, but we got ourselves into this league and must play and beat all those “awful” teams if we are to win promotion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

14 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

Thankfully the opposition this season are awful. Barely any better than the ‘local’ teams in W Yorkshire. Finding it boring now, no competition.

But I have huge concerns about the side for next season. We shouldn’t be over excited about how good we are, they’re playing nothing.

Our forwards flatter to deceive, both the top players and the stand ins.

Of course Liam will be unaware of this.

Well I think I did quite well in my predictions for this match:

Team selection I got close, but not enough for the proverbial cigar,

6 out on Skolars score and 8 down on ours,

Spot on with Restall and Butterworth as FTS and MoM respectively,

Only 68 more spectators than I anticipated. 

Anyone want help with backing the horses, doing the lottery or pools???

• Haha 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Well I think I did quite well in my predictions for this match:

Team selection I got close, but not enough for the proverbial cigar,

6 out on Skolars score and 8 down on ours,

Spot on with Restall and Butterworth as FTS and MoM respectively,

Only 68 more spectators than I anticipated. 

Anyone want help with backing the horses, doing the lottery or pools???

We all look forward to your predictions for the Doncaster game CF, or will you be changing your name to Mother Shipton?.

• Haha 2