Jump to content

This season


Recommended Posts

Well, after a mixed pre-season we start off the official season with a win 👏

Great to see the team spirit to come back from being behind at the break. Can't wait for firmer pitches and dryer weather

Onto the good Friday derby....

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Good to see the spirit in the team after what has gone on in recent weeks. Once we sorted ourselves out thought defence was superb and all those cracks about fitness proved to be right. Need to back it up next week now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Something is not right with Gebbie any mention of him on the Haven fans forum is immediiatley deleted by MrsHavenwarrior the moderator. She will censor the anything but def hot on any mention of Gebbie.  May as well send him home if he's not going to play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome today lads. Some questionable decisions from the referee and also King being sin binned cost us. However, our game plan worked much like it did against Swinton we just kept going and got our rewards. So happy it was Jake Carter who got the drop goal it was written in the stars. Couldn’t ask for a better start 2/2 and onto Sheffield which we have to believe we can win. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Frustrating to see Gebbie not picked again!! Makes you wonder if the rumours of not training etc are true??

 

Yeah it’s a concern without a doubt I thought maybe first time he had a knock but 2 weeks out of 2 not picked. He was sat on the railway end on his own and didn’t look injured and seemed very disappointed. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jamie Doran was outstanding today, McCarron & Ainleys tackle stats must be insane. Was chuffed we come out the right side for once. If Gebbie not going to play send him home and get joey, Maiz or another experienced player at 1. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Haven 123 said:

Jamie Doran was outstanding today, McCarron & Ainleys tackle stats must be insane. Was chuffed we come out the right side for once. If Gebbie not going to play send him home and get joey, Maiz or another experienced player at 1. 

Didn't think Connell looked out of place at all at fullback either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Something is not right with Gebbie any mention of him on the Haven fans forum is immediiatley deleted by MrsHavenwarrior the moderator. She will censor the anything but def hot on any mention of Gebbie.  May as well send him home if he's not going to play. 

Why can’t we just enjoy the win. 2/2 is a great start. There must be a reason for him not playing which the coaches will be trying to put right. Let’s just enjoy the win, I’m sure Gebbie will make an appearance when the coaching staff believe he is fit and able to do a job for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ross ainley was superb today best game for Haven. When creswell was almost certain to score Ross came out of nowhere and hit him like a steam train! Unbelievable from the lad his engine today and last ditch efforts won us that game. An unsung hero well done Ross and the other 16 he went into battle with! UP THE HAVEN 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well where to start today...

At times we were our own worst enemy but that being said, credit to Sheffield who were clinical in the 15 mins spell we switched off. 10-12 at HT looked good then Sheffield found more  in the second half.. they're a good team who are unbeaten for a reason and have obviously invested heavily in their squad.

As for Haven, lot to work on for a big game next week against Batley. Hopefully the injuries mentioned post game aren't to serious. As for Gebbie, heard it after the game, he's simply not fit. IMO that speaks volumes of him wanting to be here or not, he's been over since January and is basically full time, if he can't get himself fit in that time and we're now heading into the 4th week of the season then send him home and get someone else in. The ball is firmly in his court now. Doran isn't fit enough to defend on an edge, thought Guy Graham went really well when he came on the field. DDW offered very little in today's showing unfortunately.

Onto Batley next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Well where to start today...

At times we were our own worst enemy but that being said, credit to Sheffield who were clinical in the 15 mins spell we switched off. 10-12 at HT looked good then Sheffield found more  in the second half.. they're a good team who are unbeaten for a reason and have obviously invested heavily in their squad.

As for Haven, lot to work on for a big game next week against Batley. Hopefully the injuries mentioned post game aren't to serious. As for Gebbie, heard it after the game, he's simply not fit. IMO that speaks volumes of him wanting to be here or not, he's been over since January and is basically full time, if he can't get himself fit in that time and we're now heading into the 4th week of the season then send him home and get someone else in. The ball is firmly in his court now. Doran isn't fit enough to defend on an edge, thought Guy Graham went really well when he came on the field. DDW offered very little in today's showing unfortunately.

Onto Batley next week.

They attacked  both centre's from the very first set and every set after that. It eventually took its toll in the second half. Corkill offers very little in attack or defence same with that ozzie scrum half his defence was terrible when he come on.

But if we beat Batley I think most of us would have been happy with 3/4 wins.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I don't doubt it. Recalls him and won't play him all to help his old club

Because he's really helped us out with loan players now that we are down to bare bones. I think not. Conspiracy theorise all you like mate, if it makes you feel any better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

Because he's really helped us out with loan players now that we are down to bare bones. I think not. Conspiracy theorise all you like mate, if it makes you feel any better.

If we didn't have any conspiracy theories the world would be boring mate 🤣

What bare bones are you down to? 

Edited by Neutralfan7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea where to start after that performance today... Jonty summed it up perfectly in his interview and got to admire him for such honesty. He certainly pulls no punches. We were second best in every department and it's not because Batley were that much better than us, seemed they just wanted it more. Think some need to have a look in the mirror after today and question weather they actually want to be here. Pains me to say it (a lot probably won't agree) but Jammer is not the answer for a championship team playing half back. Next 2 weeks will be tough but let's hope we can put in better performances to build for the rest of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.