Business end .......... 3 from 4

Therein73

Whatever the performance yesterday, the facts are now quite straight forward ........ Win 3 from our last 4 games (as things stand) and we're automatically promoted.

Hopefully, come the 6th August, we'll have what we need 'in the bag' and be in a position to start early recruiting for 2024 in the Championship........ That would put us ahead of the game against whoever else comes up with us AND those fighting relegation .... That could give us SEVEN weeks ahead of other teams to start sounding out recruitment targets.

With all respect to Workington and NW Crusaders, we are at home against them and should be confident of wins there......... This makes the game at HUNSLET huge for a number of reasons ...... Let's hope we get there in big numbers and the lads find their best performance of the season -- 'cos I think that's what it will take to come away from there with the victory.

• Like 4

I did say 'should' ..... Not taking anything for granted and I don't imagine the coaching staff or players will be either.... They've done a great job so far , just need to get it over the line -- and the sooner the better 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I did say 'should' ..... Not taking anything for granted and I don't imagine the coaching staff or players will be either.... They've done a great job so far , just need to get it over the line -- and the sooner the better 

I hope you are right.
As I have pointed out before, big games coming up and we do need to improve our discipline. I also think that the defence needs tidying up too: Midlands went through some glaring gaps for their tries.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Just looking at the tables and remaining fixtures. Admittedly I have had a dollop of vino and a nice brandy, but for me it comes down to one of two things. 

Either we beat Hunslet, in which case we will be champions,  or  we don't, and the last game against Donny is the decider, as expected since very early on.

Sorry for assuming victories in the other remaining matches, but this is how I see it.

We need to forget about the season so far

Our season is now 4 games long

2 at home, 2 away

We need to reset, take stock, focus

Cut out silly penalties, total control the set of 6 after scoring, bully teams, build pressure rather than trying to score off every play, line defence needs to be rock solid🤔

We've to lose the swagger of "simply turn and win" and "if you score 4 we will score 5"

Away games need the same intensity as home games, relentless, unforgiving, turn the screw on the opposition, and grind them down. Force mistakes, force errors, capitalise when given easy possession, beat NWC & Hunslet and we're almost over the line, these 2 games will be very difficult, we snooze, we lose... 4 games that's all

We've not lived up to expectations away this season and I'm sure the coaching team would agree with that.. 320 minutes of lean,mean, killing machine needed🤔👊👊👊

COME ON RAMS 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Midlands Hurricanes have done us a big favour today. With us on 29 points there's only Doncaster or Hunslet who can achieve 30.

One more win in our last 3 games will see us over the line as champions. Just need to keep our heads.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, bywellram12 said:

A big ask given recent lack lustre performances. Saw Hunslet beat Oldham and they were impressive. Do hope I'm proved wrong.

No disrespect but if we can’t get 1 win from our last 3 games we don’t deserve to be promoted let alone champions.

• Like 6

3 from 4

Is now 

1 from 3

On a personal note I will get more satisfaction winning the league at Hunslet.. Then it's job done

The irony that our last 3 games of the season is against teams that are

2nd,3rd,4th in the division🤔

I understand there will no lack of motivation at Hunslet by the players, according to our coach. 

I expect that might be the same with some of our supporters too. 

Let’s hope the cobwebs of our play of last week have now been blown away and we can click into gear. 

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, graham fisher said:

It would be great if he was,but I think he’ll be back for Workington game.

That’s what he told us a few weeks ago. Was he at the match on Sunday? I didn’t see him, even in the Royal Suite after the game.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

30 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

That’s what he told us a few weeks ago. Was he at the match on Sunday? I didn’t see him, even in the Royal Suite after the game.

Spoke to him before Sundays game

He'd suffered a bit of a set back in his recovery. It's more likely he will be back for the Doncaster game. 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Yes he was.

Apparently he has had a work accident that has put his recovery back slightly. To be fair we have played the majority of games without him this season so he is a relative luxury rather than a necessity. A new prop will most definitely be a requirement for 2024.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes I saw him down by dugout talking to Liam just before end of game. 

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes he was.

Apparently he has had a work accident that has put his recovery back slightly. To be fair we have played the majority of games without him this season so he is a relative luxury rather than a necessity. A new prop will most definitely be a requirement for 2024.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Spoke to him before Sundays game

He'd suffered a bit of a set back in his recovery. It's more likely he will be back for the Doncaster game. 

Such a response, thanks to you all. In my defence, I didn’t actually look for him.

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Now we need to win one from two to clinch it.

The Doncaster game will come after a two week layoff for us, which is never good for cohesion and concentration so, in my view, this makes the Workington game the vital match. Will this mean extra pressure on the players or do they thrive under adversity?

There could be a few squeaky bums around the ground next Sunday.  🥳  💩

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.