NRL Round 20 Thread

The Tigers have NOT read the script - Bula gets another, off a great break from Papali'i.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Papali'i break leads to Bula try.

Bula was already famous before he played NRL. People have been walking around Fiji saying his name for decades. (lame Fijian joke there)

Wakeham goal

Wests 18 - 22

• Haha 1

Not to be outdone by Bula, Young gets his second.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hat-trick for Young Dom.

Or is it?

Nope - Bula prevents the grounding.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tyson Gamble scores from a Dom Young break, fed by Gamble.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Tigers clung on there for so long. Had to miss most of secondarf. What happened?

Pongo is in great form. Pity his goal kicking wasn’t as good here as it has been recently.

Same old same old. In the second half Tigers missed more tackles, gave up more penalties and dropped more ball. If only they were much better they would be a much better team.

Away from the screen for 2 minutes and Billy Walters try + Reynolds goal

Broncos 18 - 12

Bit of a nautical theme today with Broncos Tristan Sailor and Deine Mariner while Doggies have Faitala-Mariner and Toby Sextant.

Now Armadillo under the posts on the restart set with Tevita Penguin making a break 30m out, pass to Sextant then on to Armadillo.

Burton goal

18  - 18

37min: Deine Mariner try in the corner. He's on Cobbo's wing and Cobbo's over on the other side but hasn't replaced anyone. Not sure what's going on there. Seems like a waste of an interchange to bring on a winger in the first half.

Reynolds missed the goal

Brisbane  22 - 18