Give Perth WA the real thing

On 13/08/2023 at 08:52, eal said:

It is a travesty the Bears were ever kicked out. Ironically the merger with Manly doomed them, they would have been better being kicked out altogether like Souths - it would have led to a galvanized protest movement from their fans, instead they had nothing to protest as they were supposedly still in existence as the Northern Eagles.

For what it's worth, I grew up a Bears fan. Switched to the Roosters when they disappeared. Not sure what i would do now if they ever came back. 

Still wear my bears shirt to Magic round and grand final.

Weren’t ex bears fans who switched to Roosters included on Israel Folau’s list of people going to hell?😊

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 00:11, The Rocket said:

I`d day far more than niche these days mate, in fact one of the best drawing, widely followed teams in the NRL and really getting a roll-on now with developing the game in Victoria, record participation this year. 

And whereas once they used to get newspaper coverage like the double-header in Perth did this week, i.e. one column 7 pages in from the back of the paper, to getting quite decent coverage nowadays and as is often commented on in the Aussie forum by people who live there, heaps of Storm merch to be seen around Melbourne. I` don`t think you can underestimate the effect this has either.

Relating this to the thread of Catalans` ability to grow League in France, I`d say the Storm are a great example of a team who are leveraging their success to spread the game in their home region through a lot of community initiatives and clear pathways, Le Dracs` ought to try it sometime.

What do you think the Dracs should do. The club I've followed since the start in 2006 when they were selling club items on wooden tables in the open behind the rugby union clubs stand. Today is far,far from all that.

They run 6 teams, SL, Elite 1, U19s, Womens team, an Academy and Wheel chair section. The stadium is improving as the years go by.

What are your thoughts for them - going forward.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

27 minutes ago, audois said:

What do you think the Dracs should do. The club I've followed since the start in 2006 when they were selling club items on wooden tables in the open behind the rugby union clubs stand. Today is far,far from all that.

They run 6 teams, SL, Elite 1, U19s, Womens team, an Academy and Wheel chair section. The stadium is improving as the years go by.

What are your thoughts for them - going forward.

Seems like they are doing a lot of things right given that growth trajectory and their on-field success but I do know that one thing that the Victorian Rugby League has done recently and many are claiming it to be a very successful move and that is attach the Storm name to just about everything they can in the Victorian Rugby League scene. Thereby leveraging the success of the Storm and generating what you might call I suppose the halo effect on all things Rugby League Victoria.