London Skolars

Excolt 1

None of this is perfect. But the game has to be played and this is the day that's been specified.

Skolars play in our competition and they know where the opposition grounds are. Pain in the @r5€? Yes. But they knew what they were signing up for.

Splitting the town's RL watching audience: not ideal - but those who choose to watch Mayfield will go there. Can't force 'em to come watch Hornets. We'll see who's missing and know where their loyalties lie. Bottom line is Hornets may need the two points, so let's turn-up and get 'em won. Whoever the Skolars send.

It's Rugby League: none of it is perfect.

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

With little for either team to play for now, I'd be amazed if this game is played.

The RFL looks very unfavourably at unfulfilled fixtures.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So postponed to see what happens at Cru at the weekend. If Cru win as expected then final league positions confirmed and hornets v skolars can be scrapped. Alternatively it could be played the first weekend of the play offs to save face. All this is speculation of course.

If that happens its Not a great look for the RFL though. Is this a precedent being set for ‘meaningless’ end of season games? And cancelling the game  would leave Hornets with only 8 home games.

2 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

So postponed to see what happens at Cru at the weekend. If Cru win as expected then final league positions confirmed and hornets v skolars can be scrapped. Alternatively it could be played the first weekend of the play offs to save face. All this is speculation of course.

If that happens its Not a great look for the RFL though. Is this a precedent being set for ‘meaningless’ end of season games? And cancelling the game  would leave Hornets with only 8 home games.

£20 per match for loyal season ticket holders🫣🫣🫣🫣

League one is now a total joke. The Rugby Football League should hang their heads in shame with how they have allowed this situation to exist. If this game is not played it will mean that we have only played 8 home games. How on earth can a situation like this be allowed to exist. It is very obvious that they could not care less about clubs like Hornets or any Division One cub for that matter. The loss of income for Hornets (even if it was a small attendance) should not be allowed to happen. I do not feel sorry for London. They signed up to being a member club with all that is involved.

The only solution as I see it it to have two divisions. Super League (with additional teams added) and the Championship with everybody else (Two divisions of 17 teams).

And finally Will we be asking for a Rent refund if the match is not played from the Football Club. (AND BEFORE ANYONE STARTS THAT COMMENT IS SAID IN JEST)

• Like 1

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Assuming Cru beat skolars and hornets win at Cornwall, that will still leave hornets with a mathematical chance of the play offs….though it would likely require a world record score. Surely the RFL cannot allow the season to end by denying Hornets the opportunity to chase that goal.

I suppose they could award the game to Hornets at an administratively determined score ( that would presumably be less than the required score to make the play offs).

Of course if Hornets are to be denied the opportunity to play the game, that brings up the (hypothetical) question of why should hornets be required to make the long trip to Cornwall, on a bank holiday weekend, when they have, in principle, nothing to play for.

Its a real mess 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Assuming Cru beat skolars and hornets win at Cornwall, that will still leave hornets with a mathematical chance of the play offs….though it would likely require a world record score. Surely the RFL cannot allow the season to end by denying Hornets the opportunity to chase that goal.

I suppose they could award the game to Hornets at an administratively determined score ( that would presumably be less than the required score to make the play offs).

Of course if Hornets are to be denied the opportunity to play the game, that brings up the (hypothetical) question of why should hornets be required to make the long trip to Cornwall, on a bank holiday weekend, when they have, in principle, nothing to play for.

Its a real mess 

Totally agree..the match should be played..whenever.