Two Sky games this weekend.

5 hours ago, phiggins said:

Still a big game at the top of the league though, and one I imagine Saints and Wigan fans might be wanting to watch, as they are going for league leaders / top 2. 

I'd say they'd definitely tuning in, if the league title was decided by who finishes top, but that's a whole different matter.

Totally agree but just correcting the labelling of the match.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Serious question....do you think that because you have heardl/have info or is it a best guess?

I saw it somewhere. Not got a clue where now.

It's safe to say that Sky have far more accurate figures on this than BARB.

9 hours ago, Damien said:

I saw it somewhere. Not got a clue where now.

It's safe to say that Sky have far more accurate figures on this than BARB.

I believe it's the same principle with BARB - the recording has to be logged as watched (and within a certain time frame, which, I think, is 7 days).

But, like you, I've always assumed Sky will be using different data to the BARB figures.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 17/08/2023 at 13:28, HawkMan said:

The Hundred is an interesting invention that perhaps RL can ponder about.

I love The Hundred. I'm not new to cricket as I've been a fan since the late 1980's, but it's definitely caused me to watch more 'club' cricket than I was doing previously. I've always kept an eye on the T20 Blast, but The Hundred offers me something different. I'm not going to go into the reasons why on here, because that's for the cricket forum.

As for whether it could work in rugby league, I think you've summed it up correctly - you would need a lot of money to do it. You wouldn't be starting from the same platform that cricket had. Plus you'd have to persuade the existing stakeholders to support it. That might mean them having to put the sport as a whole above their own self interests.

16 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I love The Hundred. I'm not new to cricket as I've been a fan since the late 1980's, but it's definitely caused me to watch more 'club' cricket than I was doing previously. I've always kept an eye on the T20 Blast, but The Hundred offers me something different. I'm not going to go into the reasons why on here, because that's for the cricket forum.

As for whether it could work in rugby league, I think you've summed it up correctly - you would need a lot of money to do it. You wouldn't be starting from the same platform that cricket had. Plus you'd have to persuade the existing stakeholders to support it. That might mean them having to put the sport as a whole above their own self interests.

We have a 'hundred' in rugby league. It's called nines and in a sporting world that's trying to find more broadcaster and casual fan friendly ways of adapting, we are doing absolutely nothing with this potential gold mine.

59 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

We have a 'hundred' in rugby league. It's called nines and in a sporting world that's trying to find more broadcaster and casual fan friendly ways of adapting, we are doing absolutely nothing with this potential gold mine.

People don't seem to like Nines enough. Rugby union has Sevens but I'm not sure that is particularly popular either.

If I was attempting a Hundred style thing for rugby league, I'd do it with 13 a side teams.